[img] Description
Description
[/img]

I'd be grateful for leads.

Michael.

nickm

posted on 9/5/20 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Dont know whether you mean the rubber boot or aluminuim, both at Car Builder Solutions.

Ali estrucheons but not as thick as that or various size rubber boots.

Nick M

overdriver

posted on 9/5/20 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for responding Nick. It is, of course, the escutcheon I'm after. The CBS items aren't appropriate I'm afraid as I need something along the lines of 140 mm O/D x 85 mm I/D. There are one or two gear lever gaiter trims that may offer possibilities.

I took the photo of Tiger similar to mine a couple of years ago and understood that the trim pieces were not bespoke but bought as an after-market item - from where I know not!

Michael.

rusty nuts

posted on 9/5/20 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I made a similar trim for my exhaust on a mates lathe as mine wasn’t big enough
nick205

posted on 10/5/20 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Do you need to have Ali escutcheons?

Would U shape push on trim not do the job for a fraction of the cost and quick as a flash?

Locost solution to move you on and you can always add the escutcheons later as and when you find or make them.

overdriver

posted on 10/5/20 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Do you need to have Ali escutcheons?

Would U shape push on trim not do the job for a fraction of the cost and quick as a flash?

Locost solution to move you on and you can always add the escutcheons later as and when you find or make them.

The U trim solution was my original plan Nick. However, having played around with various mock ups using a variety of trim strips I can't get anything that's aesthetically pleasing.

To explain the situation, I've installed a new rack - the different location of which has resulted in significant 'butchery' to the side panels. I'm therefore looking for something of sufficient proportions to cover the 'scars'. I would rather complete the task in one operation as (a) I'm an 'old git' in lockdown (b) the car's on SORN and (c) it is currently up on stands minus nosecone, fan and rad thus giving good sight and access to where any screws, rivets or bolts may have to locate.

Michael.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.