Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rear boot panels
blockhead_rich

posted on 22/3/05 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Rear boot panels

Hi
Does any one have pictures of the Luego boot panels fitted to their Velocity that they can e mail me? Also any advice on method of fitting would be handy too.

Cheers
Rich

shaywez

posted on 22/3/05 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
I have the aluminium panels fitted, i will take some photos later and post for you.
blockhead_rich

posted on 22/3/05 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers.
Could do with a few dim's too as the centre panel/s seem too wide with my set. Measures 670 where as I think they need to be nearer 620. They will clash witht the rear roll bar stays. Spoke to Grant and they will re-make them if I give them the correct dim's. Did you put a cover piece around the rear roll bar stay to hide the gap?
Rich

coovey

posted on 22/3/05 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I have poted a couple of pics. Hope they are some use.

Or have a look at my build diary www.velocityxt.co.uk there are a lot more pics on it that might help Rescued attachment velocity build 056.jpg
Rescued attachment velocity build 056.jpg

coovey

posted on 22/3/05 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
and this one Rescued attachment velocity build 055.jpg
Rescued attachment velocity build 055.jpg

blockhead_rich

posted on 22/3/05 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
The panels I'm refering to are the ones which are purchased as an extra and go over the rear deck / i.e. cover the tank, etc.
shaywez

posted on 22/3/05 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, camera giving me a few problems at the moment, i will measure them up tomorrow and let you know the dimensions. In the meantime if you look in my photo archive there should be a pic you can zoom in on to see mine fitted. I have trimmed them with rubber trim and cut the trim at 45 degrees to go around right angles, this fills the gap. They are simply attached using self tappers and screw cup washers from B&Q, make sure you drill pilot holes centrally into chassis rail and avoid grp panel rivets.
coovey

posted on 23/3/05 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry bit of blonde moment!

I have had trouble with my panel and have just had it re made by luego. My problem was that the cut out's for the roll bar stays were in the wrong place by about 20mm or so.

We took it back to stafford show and compared it with the demo car which it fitted. Looks like our stays have been weldied in a different position to their demo car.

In fairness to Luego i gave it them back on Sunday and i had a remade one on the thursday after which fits perfectly now. I have some pics of the old one and can take some of the new one if thats any good.

Cheers

Phill

blockhead_rich

posted on 23/3/05 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Phil, perhaps you could e mail them to me directly @ ; rca.smith@ntlworld.com
adz h

posted on 25/3/05 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
panels

Rescued attachment IMAGE044.JPG
Rescued attachment IMAGE044.JPG

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.