Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost ZX12-R suspension
the moa 2

posted on 10/4/07 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Locost ZX12-R suspension

Well ok i know this is a very open ended question and it has so many different variants that could effect the answer but im just stick this one out there and see what comes of it, maybe ill get lucky and someone with exactly the same set up as me will come along and read this.

I would like to know what spring rates and lenths people are using.

My car is a Luego Locost is as per the book and has the rear shock mounts above the trailer arm bracket so i "think" im using 13 inch GAZ shocks front and rear.

I had a pinto lump prior to the ZX12-R so had 300lb at the front and 200lb and the rear and it was horrible nearly broke my back in two it was so stiff.

Car is gonna be used on road and track so dont want to compromise the road driving.

I was planning on maybe taking it somewhere to get it set up. Does anyone know whether i could take the car there as is and they could then advise what springs to get ?

Any help appreciated.

worX

posted on 10/4/07 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Can't Luego offer some advice/assistance in this matter?

Failing that, weigh (or get the weight) of your engine so that the question you have asked is not dependant on so many specific variables and is more general, for instance my Blade 919 engine weighs (I've been told) 62 kilos so if yours weighs the same, then someone with a Luego, but a Blade engine could ALSO help you...

cheers,
Steve.

cct7kitcars

posted on 11/4/07 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
even with a pinto lump i only run 275 lb at the front and 175 lb at the rear
i have a luego with a kx9 in my workshop at the mo will look at the springs to see whats on it for you

joe

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, Tequila in the other, body bearing battle scars and totally worn out, screaming- WOO HOO!! What a Ride!

procomp

posted on 11/4/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi the simple answer is it will all depend on the setup of your car ride height ect.

But ball park is REAR 120-140

FRONT 200-300 depending on driving style front arb fitted or not as you mentioned some track use.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the moa 2

posted on 12/4/07 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ok cheers guys i was gonna call you at some point anyway Matt cause it will be probably easier to it sort that way.
the moa 2

posted on 19/4/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Ok just in case anyones interested ive gone and got my springs.

My current shocks are 12 inches front and back just to update on that.

I have bought 250lb 8 inch on the front and 150lb 8inch and the rears which should get me started hopefully.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.