Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Has anybody used the Luego dash layout?
Steve Lovelock

posted on 16/4/07 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Has anybody used the Luego dash layout?

I have been looking at the Luego build manual regarding the dash board and noticed that the panel sits behind the return of the scuttle as shown below. However, the return on my scuttle is not flat and as I am using a reasonably flexible material for the dash I am a little worried that it will be bent out of shape. Has anybody made their dashboards as suggested because all the dashboards I have seen pictures of are fixed from the front. I am planning on using 4mm carbon effect plastic for my dash. Rescued attachment image062.jpg
Rescued attachment image062.jpg

piddy

posted on 16/4/07 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I have.
I used one of those contoured carbon affect jobbies. I put a rubber U channel around the scuttle and then bolt the two together.

Danozeman

posted on 17/4/07 at 05:44 AM Reply With Quote
Mine isnt completely flat either. When i trial fited my dash i screwed up flat. Iv got apadded panel on there now so everything is all nice.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

jollygreengiant

posted on 17/4/07 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Yep same as Luego suggest & looks very similar to yours. Managed to get a slight curve on lower edge of dash into cockpit area by use of rear prop on lower edge whilst drilling mounting holes through wood.

First attempt at dash
First attempt at dash

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.