Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pressurised or non pressurised system
the moa 2

posted on 27/8/07 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Pressurised or non pressurised system

Just when we think weve sorted this water system it goes and pops another hose off on us after reaching 90 degrees.

We managed to run the engine get it up to 75 degrees drove the car around our estate which put big smiles on our faces the temp held and even dropped when moving as we had the fan and water pump set on maximum capacity.

We have a ZX12-R with an electric water pump a polo radiator and header tank system with a Stant radiator cap 21-25 lb.
The reason i originally got this cap was after hearing some folks on here with a ZX12-R having problems with the cap continually blowing which was due to have too lower rated cap. But we cant seem to even get to blowing the cap, this may be to a badly plumbed system which were currently trying to improve .

What i wanted to try was to run a rad cap with a very low pressure rating and then have the overflow expand to a tank would this work , Or must i run a pressurised system ?

To note we have bled the system and am fairly sure that there wasn't any air locks.

Any help much appreciated.

nitram38

posted on 27/8/07 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Do your solid pipes have a ridge to hold them on?
90 degrees sounds too low to blow hoses off unless the clips aren't holding them on properly in the first place.

RazMan

posted on 28/8/07 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
Are you sure that the temp is only 90 degrees when the hose blows off? You might be running hotter than you think - either that or you have a hot spot somewhere.

[Edited on 28-8-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
the moa 2

posted on 28/8/07 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
the hose that blew didnt have a beed which is what we are trying to sort now .

Pretty sure temp is correct as have two points to check my water pump controller which has a thermo placed in the engine block and my dash mounted temp gauge.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.