Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velocity conversion to Xt
The Riddler

posted on 30/10/03 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Velocity conversion to Xt

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if a regular velocity chassis can be easily adapted to an Xt-one. I have already adapted the hub carriers so I can use discs for breaking, it would be nice if I could still use them.

Bram

[Edited on 30/10/03 by The Riddler]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GO

posted on 30/10/03 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
I believe so, I asked Grant this myself.

Basically the answer was that the wishbones and the shocks are the only different parts, along with steering rack extensions.

Apparently the XT chassis also has more strengthening for side impact.

The Riddler

posted on 30/10/03 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you for the quick reply, yet I have another (maybe stupid) question would it be possible to only widen the rear and leave the front as is.
You see I have a dillema, either I shorten the drive shafts or I widen the chassis(wishbones) but only if its worth the effort

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 30/10/03 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
a common question that one, usual answer appears to be that it will affect your handling, but not necessarily adversly. Maybe more understeer, but that can be balanced anyway. Provided the wheels all point the same direction, it should be OK!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.