Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX12R Electrical problem
the moa 2

posted on 14/7/08 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12R Electrical problem

Hi guys just got my car on the road and now the problems are starting to come.

We are running 1999 ZX12R engine.

Now my problem is more than likely some dodgey wiring that we have done but thought i would just post it up here and see if anything comes of it.

We have run the engine and have driven it fine for about 4 runs and have probably done about just under 100 miles, we were out the other day when the car stopped after it popped a couple of fuses both of these feed my bike loom, we replaced them and the engine will start fine then after driving it for 5 minutes it will blow again.

There was nothing that we noticed that we were doing to cause it to trip out (ie flicking a switch).

I did think it a mericle that the whole car even worked being that this was the first time we had done any wiring especially after seeing the bike loom when we first got it.

I can see this being another summer were gonna miss out on. SULK SULK

stevebubs

posted on 14/7/08 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you've got a short somewhere...either something has come loose or you've chafed a wire...
omega 24 v6

posted on 14/7/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Sounds like you've got a short somewhere...either something has come loose or you've chafed a wire...

Yep I agree or you could be overloading the said fuses and over a period of time they are heating up and blowing. What size are the fuses??

and what are they powering?? This would be a good place to start as then we can work out what the required amps are.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Hellfire

posted on 14/7/08 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Check the coolant fan relay's/connections. That typically connects straight to the live feed... through the ignition relay. Sounds very much suspect that you have got this wired incorrectly when triggering from the temperature sender. 1st place I would look!

Steve

the moa 2

posted on 15/7/08 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Dont think its anything to do with temperature sensor as we have been driving the car fine and it has stopped before engine got hot and while.

Now i am kicking myself as i should have made a proper note of what fuses do what and stuck it under my scuttle but hey ho i just love doing things the hard way.

The 2 fuses are

(1) 15amp which is live feed from battery to the Main white live feed into the engine loom.

(2) 10amp switched live feed into engine loom.

I think im gonna need to get a sparky out but dont know who or where to go.

Second thought;

What can i do to check to see if my regulator is wired up correctly ? Can i use a multimeter somehow ?

[Edited on 15/7/08 by the moa 2]

the moa 2

posted on 16/7/08 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
ANYONE KNOW ANY AUTO ELECTRICIANS IN NORTHANTS AREA THAT COULD HELP WITH THIS ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.