Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego owners club membership proof
timex

posted on 17/7/08 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Luego owners club membership proof

Just sorted our insurance so that we can register our car after passing SVA about 2 week ago first try .
Chosen Sureturm direct as they offerd the most and was the cheepest. They asked if we was a member of any owners club because they could make it that bit cheeper, So I said that we was in the Luego owners club.
The only problem is, Is they want witten proof of us being a member.

Can anybody hellp?

Thanks, David

indykid

posted on 17/7/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
you'd better make sure you are or get on with it sharpish or they'll cancel your policy.

if they cancel your policy, they still keep about £150 in their fees.

tom

Steve Lovelock

posted on 17/7/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I just told them that my membership number was 107, that must mean you are 108. I'd just knock up a small card with the Luego logo and photocopy it with that number on.
Good luck and well done.

wilkingj

posted on 17/7/08 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think most of us are members of the Locost car club.
Any club will do in a storm!

PS.. dont get caught out for telling porkies where you insurance is concerned, a cancelled policy with a kiddy under your front wheels is a real bummer, and not reccomended.
It wont be hard for them to check up.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 17/7/08 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
As Honorary Secretary of the Aforementioned Club I might point you in the direction of this post Linky. Whilst the relevant post in this thread is or was typed out as a little tongue in cheek, this gist of the thread holds true. If you own a Luego then by participating in this forum you have become a member of the Luego Owners Club. As each river gets on the road and attends any pre arranged club meeting then I try and Take a photo of that persons car and add the car to my/our owners cars photo archive.
At this point in time I have photo's of 18 cars that are owned by Luego Owners that have attended shows. Their are a similar number of cars that I am aware of but they have either not been finished yet ( however they are owned by active members within this site ) or they have not been able to attend shows for what ever reason ( this cannot preclude the owners from being members of the 'Luego Owners Club'.

Whilst I do realise that the previously mentioned post including my reply about requirement for membership, was written by me I believe that seeing as NONE of our 'MEMBERSHIP' have posted any objections to the basic rules for membership as laid out by myself on the 08/05/2008, then it must be deemed that the 'Membership' have accepted these rules.
Further, in that post a precedent was set so that if a member wished then they may allocate themselves their own 'unique number ( be-it in the base '10' or 'binary' ), so long as no other member objects to that number being used by an individual then that could and can be deemed to be the members 'unique' number. Just post it in the previously linked thread.

If any one has ANY objections to these 'Rules' then please speak now.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

hector

posted on 17/7/08 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
I am with Adrian FLux and they also required proof of me being in a Luego club
AND they were happy with this website (obviously the Viento and velocity heading) as proof, I just had to give them my username on here!

hope that helps
cheers Colin

richard thomas

posted on 20/7/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
I'm with Sureterm:

Log into Locostbuilders so that you're user id is on the page, click into Luego part, and print page - worked for me!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.