Board logo

mallory Park or Blyton Park?
bi22le - 28/4/16 at 07:50 PM

Which one is the better track?

Forget location, pits, facilities and all that jazz ( athough if they are that bad / good then tell me).

Just pure driving experience.

jtskips - 28/4/16 at 08:30 PM

Mallorys a race track blyton isn't , it doesn't even come close in comparison,

[Edited on 28/4/16 by jtskips]

bi22le - 28/4/16 at 09:11 PM

Thats our thinking as well but you hear alot more people on blyton track days than mallory.

loggyboy - 28/4/16 at 09:16 PM

Doesn't mallory suffer with noise restraints.
Only been to blyton but i do always prefer a proper racetrack, but of the non race track circuits ive been to, blyton is the best.

mark chandler - 28/4/16 at 10:25 PM

Mallory has got some gentle slopes, it also has tyre barriers so fall off at your peril, Blyton is flat with very little to hit so you can find your limits

Both are akin to Donnington and Bedford, these are better and more local to you, Donnington is on a bit of a hill, Bedford is flat with more turns on the right circuit.

Pure driving experience, it's still Brands for me over all of them, dropping into Hailwoods hill, fantastic.

[Edited on 28/4/16 by mark chandler]

ian locostzx9rc2 - 29/4/16 at 05:10 AM

I haven't been to blyton but I have done Malory and it's well worth going to if you look at the circuit it doesn't look much but it is very technical and rewarding when you get it right plus there isn't another circuit where your doing 90 to 100 mph around a 180 deg bend !!! Facilities are good too .

[Edited on 29/4/16 by ian locostzx9rc2]

Andy D - 29/4/16 at 06:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Which one is the better track?

Forget location, pits, facilities and all that jazz ( athough if they are that bad / good then tell me).

Just pure driving experience.

My 2p.. They're very different tracks, Mallory has fewer corners, Blyton more technical? The answer is not to choose, but to do them both.

The biggest problem with Blyton is it's proximity to Cadwell.. if you're travelling any distance to Lincolnshire, it would have to be Cadwell for me. Cadwell has got to be THE best circuit for lightweight sports cars in the UK.

jtskips - 29/4/16 at 07:45 AM

Without any doubt put cadwell to the top of your list,

[Edited on 29/4/16 by jtskips]

Matt21 - 29/4/16 at 11:27 AM

I've done blyton quite a lot, both the normal circuit and the eastern one (which is much better btw)

Great track for learning how much you can push your car and perfectly sized for a kit car.

Definately worth doing if you ask me.

I'll be doing Cadwell this year (and soon hopefully!).