Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CXR's in 5.5J or 6J?
steveiow

posted on 3/10/10 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
CXR's in 5.5J or 6J?

Running the ford RS rims at present in 6j for the control tyre (185 60 13 A539).

Looking at upgrading the alloys to some CXR's as there is a weight saving to make.

My RS alloys weigh 4.938kgs and thats with a heft coat of dayglow yellow paint.

The CXR's in 6inch width weigh 500g less per wheel but in 5.5inch weigh almost 1kg less each.

What effect will running the 185 60 13's on 5.5inch rims have over running them on 6 inch?

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

Pezza

posted on 3/10/10 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've got 5.5's with 185's for my indy, though to be fair it's never been driven yeat so no idea as to how well it'll work. They don't look too pinched though.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

procomp

posted on 3/10/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Are you def weighing the race CXR's with the dips round the outer edge or the road version whitch are plain. ?

Cant think of any Locost racers on 5.5 rims although there may be one lurking. There where a few who used to run the old tyres 175's on a 5.5 rim but again cant think of anyone who runs the 175's as a wet tyre anymore.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
franky

posted on 3/10/10 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
oz ultraleggeras are lighter and in the middle price wise(I think)
ironside

posted on 4/10/10 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Cant think of any Locost racers on 5.5 rims although there may be one lurking. There where a few who used to run the old tyres 175's on a 5.5 rim but again cant think of anyone who runs the 175's as a wet tyre anymore.

Did Declan not run these?

Cortina alloy
Cortina alloy

I believe they're 5.5J Cortina alloys.

TimC

posted on 4/10/10 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Regarding the CXRs, when I spoke to the factory, they no longer sold the wheel without the dips.

I'm sure it'll fit the rim. However, on a related issue, the RGB guys have been debating the benefits of seating a 205 series A048 on a 7" rather than 6" rim. The outcome seemed to be that the 7" would give more grip as the tyre was a touch squished on the 6" rim(?) I'm not sure if you'll run into a similar issue with a 185 series A539 on a 5.5" rim?

Perhaps take advice from Compomotive and Polleysport?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.