Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which V8?
dave_424

posted on 11/2/17 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Likewise I've recently brought a lexus LS400, turbocharged it and installed megasquirt. The whole process including buying the car, turbocharging it and getting it tuned has cost me less than £2000. It's making 380whp at 7psi which I believe the engine will take until the end of time.

Cheap and reliable power if you can fit it in something and mount a manual box to it.

Who doesn't like a turbo v8?

r1_pete

posted on 11/2/17 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ugg10
quote:
Originally posted by tweek
Audi 4.2 v8, long prop, Audi transaxle in the back. Y'know, because weight distribution

Ok so you end up with a prop spinning at 7k RPM a few centimetres from your crown jewels, but that just adds to the... excitement?

Isn't this what they used on the Ferrari's, corvettes and some alfas and I think the Porsche 928 ? Not an unusual thing to do for a rear transaxle.

I do like your thinking though, do you know of a where you can get a prop made and balanced and out of interest how does the flywheel/clutch work on this arrangement?

The 944 924 too, heres my v8 hooked up to the 944 torque tube, there is a working clutch etc in there too

V8 to 944 TT 1
V8 to 944 TT 1

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
froggy

posted on 11/2/17 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave_424
Likewise I've recently brought a lexus LS400, turbocharged it and installed megasquirt. The whole process including buying the car, turbocharging it and getting it tuned has cost me less than £2000. It's making 380whp at 7psi which I believe the engine will take until the end of time.

Cheap and reliable power if you can fit it in something and mount a manual box to it.

Who doesn't like a turbo v8?

350lb ft at 2100rpm never gets old especially with only 850kg to drag round

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Yazza54

posted on 11/2/17 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Wonder if anyone's used one of these in a kit car

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172511946143

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.