Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peterborough/South Lincolnshire Kit car Clubs?
tims31

posted on 21/9/17 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Peterborough/South Lincolnshire Kit car Clubs?

Having finished my car earlier this year and now sorting out the items that have cropped up since driving I have thought about meeting up with other Kit car owners locally but it doesn't seem like there is a club nearby.

I have been in contact with the East Anglia Kit Car club but unfortunately they seem to meet in the Norwich area and their routes (at least recently) tend to venture down into the Suffolk area and back which for me would involve around a 250 mile round trip and with no weather gear at the moment is putting me off a bit.

Having looked at the posts on here, there does seem to be quite a few members around the Peterborough/South Lincolnshire area but does anyone know of a club nearby. Are there others on here who would be interested in meeting up around the Peterborough area at some point?

I know its probably the wrong time of year but we could at least get the ball rolling to meet up in the new year unless people would like to still do something soon.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

Myke 2463

posted on 21/9/17 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
EATOC welcome all kit owners, check f book

Be Lucky Mike.

Benzine

posted on 22/9/17 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in Leicestershire, 10 mins from South Lincs
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hornetV2

posted on 22/10/17 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, I live in Somersham near Huntingdon. I would be interested in a Peterborough based group. Occasionally, go on local run-outs with some others on here, however my Hornet Mk2 is currently off the road with a knackered gearbox which will probably take a couple of moths to sort as I need to fit a different type of gearbox.
MattV78

posted on 15/12/17 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'm based in Bourne (just north of Peterborough) and would be interested in meets/runs out when the weather improves a bit!
big_wasa

posted on 15/12/17 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I am up for a ride out when its warmer if I don't take it to bits first..
Nick H

posted on 15/12/17 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Another up for a run-out, when it's warmer!
On the hilly bit, near Ramsey.

tims31

posted on 16/12/17 at 02:52 AM Reply With Quote
Okay guys, seems like there are a few of us around. I guess from the locations starting somewhere around Peterborough would be good to meet up and maybe out for a drive west from there and back once the weather looks better.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find some good driving roads unless others have any suggestions?

Wasa don't disassemble just yet, lets get one route out first...

Myke 2463

posted on 16/12/17 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
www.eatoc.org.uk any kit owners welcome even if still building, runs out every month inc 4 day blatt around Snowdonia north wales. 3 cars went to Switzerland last year and 2 the previous year. Stoneleigh every year. Meet at The Old Ferryboat. Holywell. St Ives. PE27 4TG @8.00 pm 3rd Tuesday of the month. See website for details of runs and events.

Be Lucky Mike.

big_wasa

posted on 2/6/18 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Summer bump, who’s up for a ride out ?
tims31

posted on 2/6/18 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, definitely soon but I am working the next two weekends. Would be available for a run out on the 23rd if any takers?

I was looking at doing the Pistons in the Park even at Lincoln at the end of the month Sat 30th and also the Wings and Wheels event at the Fenland Flying Club the following day if anyone is interested?

Kev99

posted on 2/6/18 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Im in Peterborough area and go out with the EATOC (I've not got a tiger but was made very welcome) they have 2 runs coming up at the end of the month

1st is Cromer Run on the 23/6/18 starting from the Tiger factory in Wisbech at 10AM

2nd is Lincolnshire Run 30/6/18 starting time is 10AM if interested get in contact through the EATOC website in Club Contacts and they will get back to u very quickly

Kev............

These are full days run stopping for food etc

Hope this information is usfull to u

JC

posted on 2/6/18 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I’m between Sleaford and Newark, just off the A17 - if you are passing in your Fury I would love a sit in it to see how I fit!

Garage is now empty awaiting a project....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 2/6/18 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh I could fancy the chromer run.

Jc happy to have a spin in the Indy and if I fit ( sort of ) then nearly any one else will.

tims31

posted on 3/6/18 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
I’m between Sleaford and Newark, just off the A17 - if you are passing in your Fury I would love a sit in it to see how I fit!

Garage is now empty awaiting a project....

I work in Sleaford so I'm sure we can work something out. Sometimes go to PF's of Fulbeck for the Karting, anywhere near there?

tims31

posted on 3/6/18 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kev99
Im in Peterborough area and go out with the EATOC (I've not got a tiger but was made very welcome) they have 2 runs coming up at the end of the month

1st is Cromer Run on the 23/6/18 starting from the Tiger factory in Wisbech at 10AM

2nd is Lincolnshire Run 30/6/18 starting time is 10AM if interested get in contact through the EATOC website in Club Contacts and they will get back to u very quickly

Kev............

These are full days run stopping for food etc

Hope this information is usfull to u

Sounds good. The Cromer run Coul be.a runner, do you know if the Lincolnshire one is going to the Pistons in the Park event at the showground?

Myke 2463

posted on 3/6/18 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Go to the website here for info on all runs, Linc's and Cromer have maps and info. www.eatoc.org.uk/events.shtml

Be Lucky Mike.

big_wasa

posted on 3/6/18 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
I actually like the Lincs run the following week better.

Don’t mess about do they, they are some full days out

tims31

posted on 25/6/18 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I am hopefully going to be doing the Lincolnshire run on Saturday (subject to being given some more jobs to do by her indoors)

Are there any other looking to do this, big_wasa? I will probably meet at the A52 meet point if any others are interested?

big_wasa

posted on 25/6/18 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking it was a Sunday job I was all set to turn up at tiger last Sunday for the Norfolk run. Then I realised it had been and gone on Saturday.

I am pondering doing a track day Friday. So it depends if i get the courage to book it and if I break it or not.

ianhurley20

posted on 25/6/18 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you doing the track day Warren - if I can get a pass out might be a swap parts place as well?
Ian

tims31

posted on 25/6/18 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Thinking it was a Sunday job I was all set to turn up at tiger last Sunday for the Norfolk run. Then I realised it had been and gone on Saturday.

I am pondering doing a track day Friday. So it depends if i get the courage to book it and if I break it or not.

Okay, let me know what your plans are on Friday if your going or not mate.

big_wasa

posted on 25/6/18 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
Where are you doing the track day Warren - if I can get a pass out might be a swap parts place as well?
Ian

Cadwell, I won’t have room in the Indy Ian. The pondering is due to how do I get the fuel and tools there and what do I do with them while on track.

big_wasa

posted on 25/6/18 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
quote:

Will do.

tims31

posted on 29/6/18 at 04:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
quote:

Will do.

Have fun today Wasa, hope all goes well and you get home safely.

Look forward to hearing how you got on.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.