Board logo

A Locost hits the streets in Queensland
niceperson709 - 16/1/08 at 10:46 PM

a few photos of my now registered car You chaps back in the UK have it easy with the SVA scheme here it is more difficult and more expensive but now that I have the car registered I can actually have some fun in it.
Cheers and thanks to all here who have offered encouragement and good advice during the four years it has taken to build my car.

[Edited on 16/1/08 by niceperson709]

Paradoxia0 - 16/1/08 at 10:52 PM

Now with working links...

Pic 1

Pic 2

TGR-ECOSSE - 16/1/08 at 10:53 PM

Now with pics (oops too slow) You must be very pleased to get the car on the road. Its too bloody cold here to work on the car.

[Edited on 16/1/08 by TGR-ECOSSE]

niceperson709 - 16/1/08 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for the pics links Guys but i have fixed them

TGR-ECOSSE - 16/1/08 at 10:56 PM

You can never have too many pictures What is under that bonnet that it needs a bulge like that?

caber - 16/1/08 at 10:57 PM

Congratulations! I gather your equivalent of SVA is much tougher than ours so well done on getting registered.

Caber

niceperson709 - 16/1/08 at 10:59 PM

Now with pics (oops too slow) You must be very pleased to get the car on the road. Its too bloody cold here to work on the car.

Actually we have had a drought for the last four years and I had long predicted that as soon as I got the car on the road the heavens would open and the drought would break...

niceperson709 - 16/1/08 at 11:05 PM

What is under that bonnet that it needs a bulge like that?

Well it does look butch doesn't it? However the engine is from a Nissan Pulsar (almera in the UK) and the bulge is needed to cover the intake plenum which I had to leave standard to meet emission requirements.

onzarob - 16/1/08 at 11:08 PM

I just looked through your picture archive, you had to do some clever changes to get the car on the road, I like the nosecone. excellent stuff.

niceperson709 - 16/1/08 at 11:12 PM

onzarob
The nose cone was lots of work, and I will never complain about what it cost to by stuff like that again now I know how hard it is to do..

madteg - 16/1/08 at 11:46 PM

I used to have a gtir pulsar so i know what they go like, that must be awesome, hope you have lots of underpants Rescued attachment 00111.jpg
Rescued attachment 00111.jpg

niceperson709 - 16/1/08 at 11:53 PM

hope you have lots of underpants

You have a turbo (sadly i don't) but I will be having lots of fun anyway and as for underpants , well they are not something that is recommended for the subtropics because they encourage fungal infections and infertility...
What gearbox did you hook your motor up to? BTW?

[Edited on 16/1/08 by niceperson709]

rick q - 17/1/08 at 12:46 AM

Iain,

Well done ..... you'll have to become a member of the Clubman Owners and Builders Club of Queensland now ( http://www.clubmansqld.org/ ). Best $35.00 you'll ever spend. Look forward to seeing you at one of their runs or at Morgan Park.

Cheers from the Sunshine Coast

Avoneer - 17/1/08 at 07:23 AM

Well done that man.

Pat ;-)

niceperson709 - 17/1/08 at 08:49 AM

Despite the treat of rain I did manage to get out for a drive this afternoon and managed about 40k's very good fun that even a down pour could not spoil