Board logo

Lotus7 club
matty78 - 30/9/15 at 10:24 PM

Hi guys, only just realised there is a club local to me which is the lotus7 taffia club.

Having had the car almost 5yrs now, just wondered if a sylva a striker would be accepted in the group ? I dont fancy turning up and getting pelted with tomatoes lol if not wanted

Lordyplums - 30/9/15 at 10:45 PM

Interested in this too! Just saw 'taffia' and realised can't be far away from me. Think an Aries will qualify? Haha

matty78 - 30/9/15 at 11:30 PM

There is a meet today at the piercefield in chepstow at 7.30. I'm gonna pop up and have a look round

CosKev3 - 1/10/15 at 12:33 AM

Shropshire area meets aren't fussy on what car you've got.

Just don't expect to go to any of there trackdays,as it states in red ink 'lotus7 and Caterham cars only' on the booking forms.

Paul Turner - 1/10/15 at 07:01 AM

I have a Caterham but am not blessed with a bottomless wallet like many Caterham owners. Been made to feel very unwelcome at some meetings since I have a Zetec fitted instead of a mega powerful Duratec or K series.

Don't bother with them now except for parking on the stand at Stoneleigh.

sprintB+ - 1/10/15 at 07:57 AM

I belong to a Lotus 7 club in my area, but only allowed to play nicely. My old B+ dutton is welcome as an associate, and as a car fabricator welder my skills are welcome. Do get the odd Tweed jacket, flat cap type, who try to look down the purist nose at my humble kit. Quickly put right by others who say genuine Lotus 7 was a cheapo car as well. Caterham and Westfield drivers seem a bit odd to me but most of the crossflow guys are great.

wylliezx9r - 1/10/15 at 09:06 AM

Personally I dont like them, wouldn't let me join their track tay at Llandow as I didn't have a genuine copy ?????? But later emailed me saying I would be welcome if they couldn't raise the numbers. I politely told them to stick it !

ian996 - 1/10/15 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
Personally I dont like them, wouldn't let me join their track tay at Llandow as I didn't have a genuine copy ?????? But later emailed me saying I would be welcome if they couldn't raise the numbers. I politely told them to stick it !

Wow! They really that bad! What difference does it make what kit you drive on the day. You could live in a castle and drive to work in a chauffeured Bentley for all they know. What utter wallopers (though I'll serve my judgement till I go to one… lol)

mackei23b - 1/10/15 at 07:15 PM

I'm a member of the club and have a Caterham.....like all clubs there are some great members and some not so great......

I know a few members that also have Westfields.....so it's not all bad.....

Me... I've had a Dutton, MK Indy, Westfield and two Caterhams....I enjoyed them all.

olimarler - 1/10/15 at 08:03 PM

Did hear a story of a locost builder out for a blat when he came across lotus 7 club run our.

So of course he joined the back as you would.

They all pulled over and wouldnt let him play!!!

phelpsa - 1/10/15 at 08:10 PM

Its probably about time this one was put to bed.