Board logo

Fog lights and MOT
r1_pete - 24/4/17 at 04:37 PM

I know there are a couple of MOT testers on here, if you could clear something up for me...

Im removing the front foglights on my 944 to tidy the front up, but the way the switching works means I will need to retain the front fog switch.

I understand if the lights are fitted they must work, but what if the switch is there but no lights?

Alternatively, as the car has pop up headlights, it has second main beam activated lights in the bumper, I could disconnect these from main beam, leaving just the two popup mains, and wire the bumper lights from the fog switch, would this meet MOT regs.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 24/4/17 at 04:45 PM

Front fog lamps are not part of the mot

r1_pete - 24/4/17 at 04:49 PM

Cool, thank you, that makes things a bit easier.

chillis - 24/4/17 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ian locostzx9rc2

Not strictly true. They are not mandatory lights but if they are fitted to the vehicle must they be working. If however you have removed them then they cannot fail.

loggyboy - 24/4/17 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chillis
quote:
Originally posted by ian locostzx9rc2

Not strictly true. They are not mandatory lights but if they are fitted to the vehicle must they be working. If however you have removed them then they cannot fail.

Not true.. they are not tested at all and cannot be a reason for failure.

coozer - 24/4/17 at 08:02 PM

My fiat has passed all its mot's in the 5 years I've had it with one front one not working...

907 - 25/4/17 at 05:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
My fiat has passed all its mot's in the 5 years I've had it with one front one not working...

But that is only to be expected from Italian electrics.