Board logo

Avon SVA pass
Monkeybasher - 13/5/05 at 06:26 PM

A week after I failed my SVA for a few small bits and pieces I passed, Friday 13th of all the days to choose.. I had the courage to drive this time from Edinburgh to Newcastle. Cracking day for the drive. My girlfriend who was with me got sun burnt, I was ok because I had the helmet on.

The only very annoying problem with the car was the Tiger floor mounted clutch pedal was very very very stiff. I'm not sure I have installed it correctly. I will need to have a look. Its pivoting very badly on a bolt.

8 months of car building now the fun begins

I'm off to drink Tiger beer and Moet.

Cheers

Steve Rescued attachment 3.JPG
Rescued attachment 3.JPG

Guinness - 13/5/05 at 06:29 PM

Well done that man. How were the guys at Sandy Lane, because I hope to be meeting them soon.

Good blast back up to Edinburgh? Did you go up A68?

Cheers Mike

Monkeybasher - 13/5/05 at 06:47 PM

The guys were great, Alistair was the one doing the bulk of the test. I spent the whole SVA laughing. I have been told that some SVA testers dont say much which to me would make it a very long un easy time. I throughly enjoyed my SVA, even though they were ripping the p!55 out of me and the car, in a playful manor.

I travelled down the A1. Not enough twisty stuff for my liking. Still very enjoyable first drive.

Cheers

Steve

[Edited on 13/5/05 by Monkeybasher]

Northy - 13/5/05 at 06:48 PM

Looks very nice. I thrashed nice to work and back today. Now I have to wash it

Monkeybasher - 13/5/05 at 06:59 PM

Wont take long to wash I wouldnt imagine..

I have decided I want an aero screen now. I dont like the Tiger one. Does the MK, westfield or any others fit.

Cheers Steve

Northy - 13/5/05 at 07:19 PM

Funny you should say that, I think I've decided I want a windscreen + sidescreens today!

SeaBass - 13/5/05 at 07:24 PM

Well done matey, you'll be terrorising decent roads near Edinburgh for a while no doubt... Wasn't that difficult eh??

Cheers
JC

Monkeybasher - 13/5/05 at 09:40 PM

Windscreen and sidescreen. oh dear, think again on saturday afternoon when your sober, or just wait a few months for me to say the same.

Seabass SVA is so so easy, isnt everything after you have done it. To be honest, I must admitt not as bad as I thought it would be

Steve

givemethebighammer - 13/5/05 at 10:13 PM

Well done mate

My clutch pedal was also very stiff (floor mounted pedals in Tiger Cat). I forced some teflon grease (from bike shop) into each end of the cable and have never have a problem since.

Just in time for summer too

Northy - 14/5/05 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Monkeybasher
Windscreen and sidescreen. oh dear, think again on saturday afternoon when your sober, or just wait a few months for me to say the same.
Steve

Never even had a drop to drink last night!

It was the fact that it was very cold and windy on the way home from work. At one point there was also some really nasty side winds, which weren't nice

Monkeybasher - 14/5/05 at 06:49 PM

LOL northy. I can understand you wanting a screen, even though I have only done 300 miles in the car. I dont think I ever will because it would make the car feel more usable and practicle, it would take the harsh edge off the experience, which for now I love. A few months down the line I may change my mind. My everyday car up until very recently was a Mitsubishi Evo. That car was great and very fast, however it felt like most other cars unless you kicked its @rse. The kit car even driving slow is such a buzz. I hope I dont feel this way because the driving experience is new to me.

Cheers

Steve

DarrenW - 16/5/05 at 09:05 AM

Very well done Monkeybasher. Im pleased you found Sandy Lane OK - thats where i will have to go. Next time take the A68 - cracking road. A few quarry wagons to watch out for but overtaking shouldnt be a problem! LOL.

Nice looking car, its a credit to you.

Hornet - 16/5/05 at 09:39 AM

Congrats man.. well done..
Glad to hear u take part in safe sex btw... had ur helmet on....

DarrenW - 16/5/05 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hornet
Congrats man.. well done..
Glad to hear u take part in safe sex btw... had ur helmet on....

Lol - did you polish your bonnet and helmet??

Monkeybasher - 16/5/05 at 06:26 PM