Board logo

Wanted: Striker (non-BEC, non-Pinto)
Rexholme - 7/10/19 at 06:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Striker for sale - ideally with inboard suspension but preferably not a pinto or a BEC and definitely not a project. Open to advice on where else to look but regularly scanning various websites including Pistonheads, jpsc.org.uk, eBay etc.

All the best.

Mike

Toys2 - 7/10/19 at 10:30 PM

Hi Mike, where abouts are you?

I was planning to sell my Striker in the spring when the interest is higher, though it's pretty much ready now, my aim was to do a few little tidying up jobs over the winter

It's a really nicely sorted Striker running a 1600 Fiat Twin Cam on Weber carbs, 5 speed abarth gearbox, with the in-board front suspension and 5 link rear axle
I bought it as a well built, but scruffy runner and have spent the last 3 years bringing it up to the standard that it deserves
It has what I think is a unique feature on any Striker, the option to run either a windscreen or a moulded aero screen/fairing which I had to make myself, it takes about an hour to swap over
It's got a very clean interior with a digi dash, modern stalks, fibre seats etc
Lots of recent work done such as a new radiator/fan/pipework. Cambelt change. Battery. LED rear lights, Dominator halogen headlights
Full weather gear when using the windscreen
Here's a couple of photos, let me know if you'd like more info
I'm looking for around £4,750

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 7/10/19 by Toys2]

Rexholme - 8/10/19 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Toys2
Hi Mike, where abouts are you?

Hi. Thanks for the prompt reply. I’m based way down south near Guildford. It’s a nice looking car, it’s not an engine choice I was expecting or familiar with. I’ll drop you a U2U to find out more.

Mike

Rexholme - 10/10/19 at 06:55 AM

Thanks to Toys2 for the reply. Clearly a talented enthusiast who’s created a lovely piece of engineering but I’m looking for something with slightly more performance edge.

So still looking.