Board logo

Megane indicator stalk or an alternative
steveabr - 28/3/16 at 07:44 AM

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is having a good easter. I decided to change my Sierra stalks for the above. I have managed to find all lights but can't seem to get the indicators/horn working. I also seem to have two random wires that come from the bottom of the switch, one black one red. Bought a Megane Haynes of eBay but wiring colours do not match with my plug. Has anyone fitted one of these and managed to get it working or any suggestions for a different stalk. At present this stalling my build and I seem to be hitting my head against a brick wall.

Cheers for any help

Steve

rotax78 - 28/3/16 at 10:51 PM

I think that's what I used, I just sent it to the chap at premier looms and he sent it back with a new sierra multiplug attached to the correct circuits which made it "plug n play". I don't think it was expensive either.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 29/3/16 by rotax78]

steveabr - 29/3/16 at 03:20 PM

Cheers for that unfortunately not using any of the original Sierra loom, made both looms myself

scudderfish - 29/3/16 at 04:58 PM

When I was fitting my (Ford) stalks. I just sat down with a coninuity tester and went through the pins in each stalk position to work out what was what. If you're methodical it doesn't take a lot of time.

Regards,
Dave

steveabr - 29/3/16 at 06:07 PM

Save

Thanks for reply, sorry to sound negative but testing with multi-meter found the lifts wires. I have three unidentified wires in the multi plug , plus the two at the bottom, which have no effect on meter no mater what I switch on. So far electrics has been a massive pain in arse.

steveabr - 29/3/16 at 06:08 PM

Electrics and predictive text are both pain in arse. Should read lights not lift