Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Filling in V355/5 first time registeration
ArAKern

posted on 16/10/17 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Filling in V355/5 first time registeration

Ok All

Spoke to DVLA about registering my Phoneix and I need to use the V355/5 form as mine is a "Kit-converted vehicles"

A kit-converted vehicle has had:
a kit of new parts added to an existing vehicle, or old parts added to a new kit
The general appearance of the vehicle will change because of the kit.
A kit-converted vehicle has had:

Question 20 is:- "technical permissible maximum towable mass of trailer a&b" in the notes is says "Take this information from the Certificate of Conformity"
I do not have a COC i assume this would be from Stuart Taylor or RAW does anybody know what the values should be for trailer mass braked and unbraked
for a Phoenix?
or what do other people use for this section (not that i am ever going to tow with the kit car! )

Thanks

russbost

posted on 16/10/17 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've always left the whole towing section blank, as I would not be considering towing with a Furore, where you stand legally if you ever did then tow, I have no idea.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ianhurley20

posted on 16/10/17 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
I've always left the whole towing section blank, as I would not be considering towing with a Furore, where you stand legally if you ever did then tow, I have no idea.

Ditto my Haynes Roadster

ArAKern

posted on 16/10/17 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies blank it is.
Considering most of the section on the ICA have N/A also sure it will be fine

russbost

posted on 17/10/17 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Word of warning, I'm going to make a separate post re this at some point, but worth pointing out here too. Make sure you send everything to the DVLA by recorded delivery, the last TWO applications that I'm aware of going in; when the customer has rung up to chase & ask why they don't yet have a registration, they were both told they had no record of the application. However when they then said, but you signed for the delivery of said application on "blah" the attitude changed completely & they were assured an "investigation" would be launched, strangely in both cases they then managed to "find" them both - what would have happened had they not been sent recorded who knows, I have no idea how you get a copy IVA certificate, but have little doubt it would be a total pain!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 17/10/17 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto - recorded delivery every time for me - you can be sure it's got there then!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.