Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Complications of American V8 in IVA?
WesBrooks

posted on 4/1/18 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Complications of American V8 in IVA?

Any one used an American V8 in an IVA recently?

Would simple written receipts be enough to support the list of where bits came from? How about proof of age? It's likely to be from a 1997-2005 age range and not pre-cat.

This would be an LS1. May consider the LT1 with the steel block. This is still the off-roader project and an autobox is still the preferred route.

This is just at the paper study stage. Considering a self built chassis so really need to nail down what I'm doing.

Thanks

http://doctrucker.wordpress.com

hellblue

posted on 13/1/18 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
There is a list of approved engine certifiers that is accepted for IVA, I think Real steel is one for American v8's obviously the engine will need to meet its dated emissions, building your own chassis is not a problem just keep receipts and pictures
WesBrooks

posted on 13/1/18 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
That's great thanks. So you don't need to worry about identity too much other than ensuring the code hasn't been ground off? Would it be worth asking the supplier for VIN of the donour, reg etc or mot needed? I presume it's a charged service that those companies provive rather than needing to buy from them?

[Edited on 13/1/18 by WesBrooks]

http://doctrucker.wordpress.com

Slimy38

posted on 13/1/18 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WesBrooks
That's great thanks. So you don't need to worry about identity too much other than ensuring the code hasn't been ground off? Would it be worth asking the supplier for VIN of the donour, reg etc or mot needed? I presume it's a charged service that those companies provive rather than needing to buy from them?

[Edited on 13/1/18 by WesBrooks]

I think it's two different things you're looking at. The first is the emissions range which is based on the engine age only, it doesn't matter where it comes from. I'd expect that to be reasonably easily available, especially for something as well known as the LS1.

The donor information is only for registration, so if you use either new parts or donor parts you can get a plate that matches the donor. As a comparison, my K reg MX5 donor is still lying in several boxes, and I'm reusing as much as I can to get a 1992 year plate.

As you don't have access to the donor for parts anyway, you wouldn't get a matching plate. So the options to you is a Q plate (which again doesn't need donor information), or you can aim for a new plate by using all new parts apart from two that can be reconditioned (usually engine and gearbox).

[Edited on 13/1/18 by Slimy38]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.