Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA booked
snippy

posted on 27/1/19 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
IVA booked

Booked my IVA via the online TAS system submitting various documents, photo`s and the application forms etc. It was easier than I thought. Within 5 days DVSA came back to me saying all good and I was able to book my test for the end of Feb which surprised me. Thought it would take longer. I noticed on DVSA website though that they have a service level agreement to get 95% of IVA applicants booked onto a test within 4 weeks.

Due to the current file upload problems on LCB I have put some photo`s on dropbox. If anyone spots anything let me know!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ky2ukfpqcpib8ks/AABYrkyKKtIxTry35RakDkQGa?dl=0

ReMan

posted on 27/1/19 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good to me mate, you have been busy!

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

gaz_gaz

posted on 28/1/19 at 05:47 AM Reply With Quote
I'm glad it worked out for you. It's defiantly a change that's worked for the better. good luck with your test
Slater

posted on 28/1/19 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent looking car, good luck with the test. But I have to say, I'm not a fan of the padded dash, it's the only thing that stands out as "home made", the rest of the car looks very professional.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

ttalps2000

posted on 28/1/19 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Will be very interested to know how you get on with the emissions on the engine! I had a lot of issues with my 4AGE and had to end up taking it out!
avagolen

posted on 28/1/19 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Have you changed the screws holding the headlight covers?

I would use socket head button screws with flange.

Nice and flat with a large surface to clamp the cover.

Nice car.

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

snippy

posted on 28/1/19 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Slater – I agree about the dash, I couldn`t get the stretch marks out fully! I do plan to upgrade the dash post IVA though.
Engine wise I managed to obtain an e-mail from Toyota confirming my engine number date of manufacture was in Nov 1989. With that in mind I understand the emissions test will be a non cat test with max limits of 3.5% CO2 and 1200 ppm hydro carbons? Is that correct?
The screws holding the headlamp covers are small heads. They don`t stick up more than 5mm from the surface so should be ok but I think i`ll order some of those flanged button head allen bolts anyway as they seem slightly shallower, thanks for that.

CTLeeds

posted on 28/1/19 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Great looking car. Good luck with the test. Where are you getting it tested?

Chris

snippy

posted on 28/1/19 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Derby. Is that where you went last week?
Slater

posted on 29/1/19 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
I could be wrong on this....... the engine should be pre-1995 in order to qualify for non cat test with max limits of 3.5% CO2 and 1200 ppm hydro carbons.

This was the case for my SVA back in 2009, but maybe they have changed the qualify date since then????

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

snippy

posted on 29/1/19 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Page 44 of the manual states any 4 wheeled vehicle with an effective date between 1/8/86 and 31/7/92 qualifies for non cat test with limits of 3.5% and 1200ppm. My engine is 1989 so should be in this bracket.
ttalps2000

posted on 29/1/19 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
ahh i remember one of your previous threads now! You should be fine then. Toyota would not help or give me any info at all, they refused to speak to me about it after a while! VOSA would not accept the letter that RAW have from Toyota, so i was screwed! Good luck though, you will be fine!
Slater

posted on 29/1/19 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
OK Snippy, I stand corrected. Looks like you've done your homework, so hopefully you will avoid the big Wahala I had on the emissions on my SVA day, have a read of this...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=108014

snippy

posted on 29/1/19 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just read your old thread, blimey, talk about stress! You`ll never forget that day. Great achievement to get a first time pass. I did an old SVA back in 2006 and failed on 3 points. Couldn`t fix on the day though.
CTLeeds

posted on 30/1/19 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snippy
Derby. Is that where you went last week?

No, I went to Beverley. They were good. Very fair. They allowed me to do a few things whilst we tested it that got it through a few potential fails including headlight aim. They only failed me on stuff that couldn't be rectified on the day.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.