Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay Advert..is this legal
jeffw

posted on 24/2/10 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Ebay Advert..is this legal

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sylva-Phoenix-Project-with-V5_W0QQitemZ280467739627QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item414d2e13eb

Have a read through the add (sounds an interesting car)....I wonder about the legality of using a V5 from a different car, isn't this ringing ??

Humbug

posted on 24/2/10 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
a) it's illegal to sell a V5 separate from a car

b) as you say, using the identity of another car is illegal.

Unless this is a rebuild of a car that he has a genuine V5 for, he presumably has the V5 from a Sylva Star or Leader or something and is implying you can just use that for this new car.

Ask him if the car is already IVAd and registered; if not, shop him.

EDIT: If it's a Stuart Taylor kit, then it isn;t a Sylva (even though that's where the original design came from)

[Edited on 24.02.2010 by Humbug]

r1_pete

posted on 24/2/10 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Can't remember seeing a Pan European winning races either, but should be interesting in the car.

I'd think it would be illegal to run the car with that documentation, but I bet there are more out there who have bucked IVA/SVA and are sharing the roads with us!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 24/2/10 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Can't remember seeing a Pan European winning races either, but should be interesting in the car.

I'd think it would be illegal to run the car with that documentation, but I bet there are more out there who have bucked IVA/SVA and are sharing the roads with us!!

The Pan Euro is very nice than you very much but yes, it's still ringing.....

Bladerunner

posted on 24/2/10 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Pan European

I was at Stuart Taylor's place a few times I saw his development work on the engine. As you say a great puller with a overdrive top gear, but the carb sat about 10 inches above the engine as is used a double choke system, not a pretty site.

Adventure before Dementia

Brommers

posted on 24/2/10 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd be more concerned about the woefully inadequate engine mount shown in the last photo on the auction page. Someone else on the road having a not-quite-properly-registered car is mildly annoying. Following someone on the road when their engine falls out is likely to be more emotional...
jeffw

posted on 24/2/10 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
lol

BenB

posted on 25/2/10 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bladerunner
I was at Stuart Taylor's place a few times I saw his development work on the engine. As you say a great puller with a overdrive top gear, but the carb sat about 10 inches above the engine as is used a double choke system, not a pretty site.

The double weber system that they developed was (in my opinion) a way bad idea! The bike carbs are fine and a little modifying of the airbox renders adding webers unnecessary.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.