Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy R or RR?
Valentinik

posted on 8/11/14 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Indy R or RR?

Within the next week i'l be going up to MK to place my order for a kit. I'm going to be using an ST150 engine fitted to an mx5 5 speed box.

I've been up to mk previously and asked about the differences between the R and RR kits however, I'm still unsure on which to go with.

The cost difference doesn't really concern me. I plan on it having a full cage whichever kit i order, The car will be for road use but will do as many track days as possible and road use won't be a huge amount of miles a year.

I had read somewhere (i forget where i saw it) of some people having issues with suspension alignment on the standard R suspension and the adjustability of the RR suspension can compensate for this.

What I want to know is would an RR kit be suitable for primarily road mileage with some trackways, and could someone maybe point out the advantages/disadvantages of the RR kit over the R?

Thanks
Mike

Matt21

posted on 8/11/14 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I havnt looked into them.

but if I was buying, id go for the highest spec I could afford, which would be the RR

I guess its like buying a bmw and getting a 330 instead of an m3...

knobby

posted on 8/11/14 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be interested in knowing also, as I might be in the market for a kit soon. So will be keeping an eye on this thread..
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
YQUSTA

posted on 9/11/14 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valentinik

I had read somewhere (i forget where i saw it) of some people having issues with suspension alignment on the standard R suspension and the adjustability of the RR suspension can compensate for this.

Thanks
Mike

That would be enough to put me off either, that and knowing how far out the suspension on my Indy was.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

Custardpants

posted on 11/1/15 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely go for an RR. I went for an R and it's been a hassle upgrading it to RR spec, especially the front roll bar and adjustable rear suspension. 13" wheels are also a must, despite the fact that Mk prefer to provide cars with 15" wheels(I presume due to cost and brake clearances, but 13 inch wheels with a small amount of work do fit)
sparkyj83

posted on 12/1/15 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
kit

Have you not looked into a mac#1 worx kit ?
kingster996

posted on 12/1/15 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
I think you will find that Mike is building a Westfield now - unless there's another Valentinik with an st150 and mazda box on WSCC forum!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.