Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: S2000 regaining lost BHP
Calzonii

posted on 23/6/15 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
S2000 regaining lost BHP

I have recently just put a deposit down on an S2000 to start stripping it and building my MK Indy R.

It has 122,000 on the engine and I am wondering if anyone knows how many bhp it is likely to have lost over its life time? and how to regain the lost BHP? Would it be worth a trip to the dyno before stripping the car?

Any advice helpful. Thanks

wylliezx9r

posted on 23/6/15 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I would compression test the cylinders. If all is good then leave alone. If it's down its probably worth renewing the rings and valve stems. The F20C is a bugger to rebore as it has FRM lined bores.
However if the engine has been looked after it should be tip top.
edit: can you compression test before buying ?

[Edited on 23/6/15 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Calzonii

posted on 23/6/15 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers wyllie! Ill be in contact a lot more with you over the next few months when we properly start this thing! Any good tips for breaking the S2000 up? An what all did you keep from the donor car?

Thanks,

Callum

daniel mason

posted on 24/6/15 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote
Keep. Gearbox and diff, as the 6 speed unit is sweet!
Make sure you remove all the wiring harness in one peice.dont cut it.
Then once you've got the ecu and loom in your car you'll be able to remove bits and see if it still runs ok!
Also you should be able to use the dash clocks and steering wheel with switch gear. And speedo healers are available to wire into dash.
This is a much more cost effective way than new ecu,Tb's and dash but it's a lot of work.
I used a set of drive shafts also and had them hybrid made to fit ford outers, and shortened the original propshaft

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.