Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: S2000 propshaft bolts
Calzonii

posted on 11/10/15 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
S2000 propshaft bolts

Im sure theres a sinking feeling people will get who are in the know about this when reading this. Either that or you are p*ss*ng yourselves lol.

Trying to remove the prop shaft in my 2000 s2000 i managed to get the transmission side bolts off no problems with an allen key and spanner to add leverage. But man oh man are the diff side brutaallllll. Im worried about stripping the inside of the allen headed bolts if i put anymore force on them. Theres some minimal rust and the allen thread is ok at the moment (maybe slightly rusted out)

What does anyone reccommend? Should i buy an impact driver with an allen spcket to fit? Or get a larger/stronger allen key? Or use heat and a hammer to shoxk them loose? I cant even use a socket cause they are round heads and ive tried vise grips but they just keep sliding off.. Anyone any experience to get these off?

Thanks

Cal

twybrow

posted on 11/10/15 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
I would aim to borrow an impact gun as this is least likely to damage the bolt. Give it a good soak with penetrating fluid first, and a knock or two on the head of the bolt head with a hammer. Don't round them, I can tell you it ain't much fun if you do! Good luck!
perksy

posted on 11/10/15 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Liberally apply Plusgas to them to start with

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.