Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Is this anyone on here?
clairetoo

posted on 14/11/15 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
The hand is about as good as its gonna get - a bit of lost feeling and movement (titanium pin in place of one joint) but you wouldnt know at a glance - some fantastic stitching has left very little scarring .
I'll point him towards this forum - I did have a few long discussions with him about getting it registered , he had no clue at all about IVA when he was building it ! So it hasnt been built with IVA in mind..........

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

benchmark51

posted on 14/11/15 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
I think that a few chains are being yanked here.

posted on 14/11/15 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I despise the daily mail, what utter garbage

- 75k spent, and using mazda subframes?

- 188mph with no aero at all?? would be sketchy at best I expect!

- and is that a stock Exocet chassis then?

Sounds like a lot of money wasted, why not a turbo 13b or something, in a custom FEA'd chassis with better thought out suspension

CraigJ

posted on 14/11/15 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
It has nice headlights!

I would have thought that video was good for a nicking, unless you can show it to be on the Isle of Man! I certainly wouldn't post anything like that, begging for it!

[Edited on 14/11/15 by russbost]

That's the A628 Woodhead pass so a long way from the IOM

Matt21

posted on 14/11/15 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe the speedo was showing 188mph, but it obviously didn't have a speedo healer and the gearing had been altered dramatically!
kitcardirect

posted on 14/11/15 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Nice seats though i wonder where he got them From

Looks a rapid little engine though,

http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/

Follow Us On Facebook : http://on.fb.me/1KYgL8N

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Toys2

posted on 14/11/15 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
... and that works out at 473 BHP from a 1.6 Mazda, hard to believe unless it's reving to bike like rpms?

posted on 14/11/15 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toys2
... and that works out at 473 BHP from a 1.6 Mazda, hard to believe unless it's reving to bike like rpms?

It is turbo'd, I do believe that

I can't get over the fact the Daily Fail seem to think 473 is more than 1006 though
Shouldn't get would up, why are we looking to this joke for car news, I thought stuff like CarThrottle was garbage enough

alex1991

posted on 14/11/15 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
I like that it has awful Toyo T1R tyres. If he has skimped on tyres and cheap Rota wheels I can't see him spending £75k in total.
Adamirish

posted on 15/11/15 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 43655
quote:
Originally posted by Toys2

It is turbo'd, I do believe that

I can't get over the fact the Daily Fail seem to think 473 is more than 1006 though

If they were told the power to weight was more than a veyron, they would probably just think that must mean more power!

Just to add, there is nothing wrong with Toyo T1R's. I have them on my kit and they are more than good enough for road use. I also have them on my tin top. I also put them on my home built 2.0 fiesta. They offered far more grip than the pirellis that were on it beforehand as well as being ALOT cheaper.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

Matt21

posted on 15/11/15 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully the builder will come and join up and answer a few questions for us! I'm sure the daily mail has made a lot of it up!

And I hope the £75,000 build cost is made up too, I really struggle to see where the money has gone.

Still, it's a good build regardless of what figures are quoted

jeffw

posted on 15/11/15 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
2.1 0-62MPH....on Toyo T1Rs hahahahahhahaahha

This is a complete "Walter Mitty" car

gaz_gaz

posted on 15/11/15 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
So the reporting is a long way off but fair play to the fella that built it,
He looks to have made a better than average job in a pretty confined space, Couldn't have been easy!!

CosKev3

posted on 15/11/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure it's says theoretical top speed?so that would just be worked out off the gearing etc,so bodywork/aero dynamics won't have made much difference!

Very very risky posting videos like that if it's not road legal

quote:
Originally posted by Adamirish

Just to add, there is nothing wrong with Toyo T1R's. I have them on my kit and they are more than good enough for road use. I also have them on my tin top. I also put them on my home built 2.0 fiesta. They offered far more grip than the pirellis that were on it beforehand as well as being ALOT cheaper.

They are a ok mid range budget tyre with a nice tread

[Edited on 15/11/15 by CosKev3]

Matt21

posted on 15/11/15 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
It does say the car has reached 188mph though, which I still find very unbelievable.

Pretty dangerous too seems as though T1Rs are only rated to 149mph

indykid

posted on 15/11/15 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
You lot should write for the daily mail. They're Dunlop SP sports, not T1Rs.

Still, it's wee poor reporting. I bet the lad that built it is cringing at that story.

beaver34

posted on 18/11/15 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
nice to see people and fellow enthusiast getting behind a builder and offering praise for what he has done

ohh wait.....

Nickp

posted on 18/11/15 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
It has nice headlights!

I would have thought that video was good for a nicking, unless you can show it to be on the Isle of Man! I certainly wouldn't post anything like that, begging for it!

[Edited on 14/11/15 by russbost]

That's the A628 Woodhead pass so a long way from the IOM

Yeah I spotted that too, coming down towards the Flouch roundabout

kj

posted on 18/11/15 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
I seen a post on facebook calling it a stripped down Aerial Atom

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

Slimy38

posted on 18/11/15 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
nice to see people and fellow enthusiast getting behind a builder and offering praise for what he has done

ohh wait.....

I'm reading this thread as more of a Daily Mail bashing, which I heartily endorse...

scootz

posted on 18/11/15 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
He's seems to have put his car together nicely and if he's happy, then I'm delighted!

... but the claimed cost, the claimed speed he's ran it at, the claimed offer from Dubai... bollox!

It's Evolution Baby!

russbost

posted on 18/11/15 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
I seen a post on facebook calling it a stripped down Aerial Atom

He should count himself lucky, that's a compliment! I have had someone suggest that I had made modifications to a Caterham to create the Furore!!!

I mean you can really see the similarities, they are almost like twins!

In all seriousness if anyone on here has contact with the guy (Claire?) then they really should let him know about the IVA situation & if he has access to remove that video, then I'd get it down quick, I can't see any way that isn't a nicking. If the car is running round on the Mazda reg then it is obviously completely illegal, & with no front no. plate I'll be surprised if he doesn't get tugged sooner rather than later. I was really hoping he'd join the forum to defend himself & we could have offered him some sensible advice

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the car isn't correctly registered then don't DVLA have the right to impound it & if they should so decide, crush it?

Re "nice to see people and fellow enthusiast getting behind a builder and offering praise for what he has done " I said "It does however look as though it's been very nicely prepared & put together & all kudos to the owner for that, I can assure you having been in the same position he has NO control over what the Daily Mail write whatsoever - the Mail won't even have been to see him or even have spoken to him, the report will have been done by a local journalist who will have sold the basic story to the Mail, they will then construct whatever garbage suits them around it, I don't suppose the owner ever said it was more powerful than a Veyron or that it would do 192mph, he may have said it had a better power to weight ratio & a theoretical top speed of 192, but that is quite different!" which I think is fair & I think most people have been bashing the Mail rather than the owner, & the Mail thoroughly deserves bashing!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
kj

posted on 18/11/15 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
On facebook there is a few video's i would love to see the reg plate.
It would be a lot of work to add the body work for IVA and then remove and fill the holes.
I am not sure if the article in complete kit car states it was two built for that value

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

scootz

posted on 18/11/15 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
It would be a lot of work to add the body work for IVA and then remove and fill the holes.
I am not sure if the article in complete kit car states it was two built for that value

There's pics of the car with the plate 'L888 UUD' front and back.

He says he's had a knock on the door from the police re. the video posted. Claims it's all above board and the car has been IVA'd.

It's Evolution Baby!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 18/11/15 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
There's no such plate according to MyCarCheck

Other people have also commented on the standard of welding on the chassis in some of the pictures

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by kj

There's pics of the car with the plate 'L888 UUD' front and back.

He says he's had a knock on the door from the police re. the video posted. Claims it's all above board and the car has been IVA'd.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.