Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Power Hacksaw Blades - 200mm
UKKid35

posted on 21/5/17 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Power Hacksaw Blades - 200mm

My dad has a power hacksaw that he used recently to build a tool to assist disassembly of my T5WC

Unfortunately he is now down to his last two saw blades, and he has asked me to try to find some

Other than placing a wholesale order in China, is there anywhere I might be able to get some 200mm blades

They simply don't seem to exist!

Myke 2463

posted on 21/5/17 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tried here www.starrett.co.uk/contact/ ? list from 300 upwards may have old stock , good luck.

Be Lucky Mike.

theconrodkid

posted on 21/5/17 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/

worth posting on here ^^^^^

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

myke pocock

posted on 21/5/17 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought. Is the blade held in place with pins through it and then tensioned? If so could you cut a metal cutting band saw blade to the required length then drill holes for the pins?
UKKid35

posted on 21/5/17 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Just a thought. Is the blade held in place with pins through it and then tensioned? If so could you cut a metal cutting band saw blade to the required length then drill holes for the pins?

Agreed - I did suggest that to my dad, but it didn't feel like I was playing the game...

nick205

posted on 22/5/17 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
May be missing something here, but what do your images have to do with the power hacksaw?
UKKid35

posted on 22/5/17 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
May be missing something here, but what do your images have to do with the power hacksaw?

Since this is a car forum i thought it was worth explaining what the tool had been used for.

And more importantly I expect there are several T5WC users here who have had this problem in the past, so I hoped the pics would be useful.

Lastly, I have been known to lend tools to people, and for others to lend tools to me.

nick205

posted on 23/5/17 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
OK.

So is the tool shown some sort of bearing/gear separator?

UKKid35

posted on 23/5/17 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, gear puller - You need to remove 5th before extracting the mainshaft from a T5WC.

There's not much room, and according to Paul Cangialosi he sells most of his 5th gears to people damaging intact gears when trying to remove them.

However a common failure mode for the T5WC is to strip the teeth on fifth gear.

It's happened to me twice now, the last time was immeadiately after I fixed the cam timing which probably liberated significantly more torque.

I think the box is rated at about 350ftlb which is really marginal with an AJP8.

I honetsly thought the T5WC would be a really popular box with builders, as it's a very common box, especially in the US.

However a quick search on here suggests this is the first post to mention it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.