Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rearranging IVA due to weather?
birdii

posted on 9/12/17 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Rearranging IVA due to weather?

I’m having a little panic over my iva appointment, it’s booked for Tuesday and we now have snow forecast for Sunday in my area.
All I can see in the vosa terms is the requirement for 3 working days notice to change an appointment. Anyone had experience of late cancellations due to weather?
Hopefully the snow will come to nothing and the roads will be in good shape for Tuesday. I have about 40miles to travel and have a trailer arranged as it’s definitely not seven weather!

Suppose in hindsight it was a bit dumb to book now, it was my target to finish the car this year though!

Irony

posted on 10/12/17 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Apparently it's going to be sunny on Tuesday with highs of 3 in lincoln. I live there to. Any snow should be melted. Besides the weather forecasters don't know what they are talking about anyway. Worry if you wake up on Tuesday and there's 2ft of snow. It's just snow. I had my iva at Nottingham and they are chilled out. I broke down on the way and they just rearranged for another day. They are super chaps at Nottingham.
birdii

posted on 11/12/17 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
How did you contact the test centre, i can only find numbers for Swansea? They said i can re-arrange but have to pay the fee again and then make a compensation claim which is reviewed on a case by case basis - dont fancy risking the test fee like that!
coyoteboy

posted on 11/12/17 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Why would a bit of snow stop you? Surely just set off early and take basic recovery kit and you'll be fine?

BenB

posted on 11/12/17 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Got stuck on the Lincolnshire border in my tintop on Sunday morning (couldn't go in any direction because the roads were so slippy). This AM we drove back down to London- best driving conditions were actually the start of the drive and got steadily worse as we got south. Hope the test goes well!!!
birdii

posted on 11/12/17 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
All set now and loaded in the trailer for tomorrow. I ran out of time this week for pre Iva photos so I will have to settle for post Iva!

I wouldn’t normally have been concerned about travelling in less than ideal conditions but towing a car trailer makes things even less safe and more likely to get stuck but thankfully the snow has all gone so it’s just icy roads at 6am to worry about!

I’m feeling more relaxed now that I can’t do anymore to the car before testing, think I would have kept going and going!

TimC

posted on 12/12/17 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck!

Angel Acevedo

posted on 12/12/17 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Soo...
Did you pass?
Honestly hope you did...
Season´s greetings.
AA

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 12/12/17 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
He could be de-greasing himself.

They say alcohol is a wonderful de-greaser.

Fingers crossed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.