Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: reciepts for DVLA
Crockpot

posted on 15/3/20 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
reciepts for DVLA

I'm still a long way off BIVA but I'm starting to get any documentation sorted in a file.
The one thing I do not have is receipts.
When I started to modify my wife's Ford pop it was an already modified hot rod build from the late '80's. I did not intend to get as involved as it has but it turned out to need major surgery. I then did a V555 request and it became evident that it's history was somewhat vague. So I decided on doing it properly, no point in giving wifey her car back with the advice to watch her back as she could lose the log book!
As a result I have no receipts apart from small stuff bought recently. The car we already had and the Granada I bought for engine and box is long gone (I do have the "thanks for letting us know...) letter from DVLA. Most of the stuff used I already had.
So, what will I actually need? I seem to recall reading somewhere that receipts were not essential for a Q plate but I've no idea if that's genuine.
Thoughts.

Ta.

Crockpot

posted on 17/3/20 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Nobody?
gremlin1234

posted on 17/3/20 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
have a look at the form you will have to fill in
'Built up vehicle report V627/1'
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/278783/V627X1_270913.pdf

if you enter a source reg no. that is linked to you
ie 'The car we already had and the Granada I bought for engine and box is long gone (I do have the "thanks for letting us know...) letter from DVLA'
should be good enough for them.

for Q you need to show the parts are not stolen, but they don't have to be new, or all from the same donor. but should also show the rest of the scrap was disposed or responsibly.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.