Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Advice on seatbelt mounts
peterparsons

posted on 26/11/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Advice on seatbelt mounts

Hi All,
I've checked the SVA manual about the upper mount points on the seatbelts.
The manual states 503mm from the seat base to the upper mounts, I have cobra seats with harness slots, would this count as the belts will go through and then drop down approx 3" which makes the fixings lower than 503mm ? Rescued attachment seat1.JPG
Rescued attachment seat1.JPG

snapper

posted on 26/11/07 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
If your belts pass through the seat then the seat dictates the height and has also to comply with the seat belt mounting load requirements, most people put the seat belts round the seat until after SVA.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

NS Dev

posted on 26/11/07 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
That will fail then unfortunately.

Either the mounts have to meet the measurement OR the seat has to meet the mounting structural requirements (i.e. it acts as a mount at the greater height)

Bear in mind though, as my tester pointed out, that in a 7 you don't really need seats as such!!

I took the squab out of mine to pass. (have subsequently spacered the belts up a bit)

Only talking about 15mm.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

robertst

posted on 26/11/07 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
manual states that if the belts go through tthe harness holes, the measuring reference will be the lower edge of the harness slots, not the belts themselves. also bear in mind that if the belts are mounted in such a way as to touch the seat or exert a force on the seat, then the mounting of the seat itself will be subject to a more scrutinous examination.

this means if the mounting point is lower than the height of the harness slots (i.e. the seat belt goes at an upward angle towards the seat when viewed from the side, then the seat will be subject to compliance to the requirements of the seat belt load tolerances)

... basically, to summarize this, if you intend to pass the belts through the harness slots, then make sure the belt passes at either a horizontal angle or a decreasing angle towards the seat.

this is why many have chosen just to pass the belt around the seat for SVA to rule out any technicality.

Tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.