Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LED BRAKE/TAIL INDICATOR LIGHTS
Hellfire

posted on 14/11/03 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
LED BRAKE/TAIL INDICATOR LIGHTS

I've been considering fitting LED Brake/Tail Indicator lights on our 'motor'. The one's I'm considering have coloured lenses or clear - and are both E marked.
I'm sure I read in the SVA Manual the lenses have to be coloured - how do many new cars come with clear lenses (Range Rover) and check out ok? Is there seperate ruling for professionally manufactured vehicles, or aren't we good enough?
Is there anyone whom could clear up this issue before we purchase... pleeeaaase!

PioneerX

posted on 18/11/03 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hellfire,

I would be interested in knowing where you plan to get them from. Being a techy type I would like to put LED lights on my Locost.

Thanks

Simon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 18/11/03 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
LED LIGHTS

Visit

Performance Motorcycle Parts

Quite a good selection... though I've got a few more avenue's to try - cos I've just seen a McLaren Trailer with the one's I want on - keep you posted...

JoelP

posted on 18/11/03 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
i suspect that the new cars that appear to have clear lens' infact have clear plastic with a coloured lens recessed behind it. Like lexus IS200 ones.

Having said that i once failed an MOT cos the indicator bulb had lost some colour, tester said it wasnt orange enough. I think that was a standard bulb, so maybe they are allowed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.