Board logo

Ford csc bleed adaptor
cliftyhanger - 27/7/19 at 04:22 PM

Making progress with my conversion, but realised the bleed nipple on the ford csc is m8 X 1.25 thread. And I need to extend the bleed to outside the bell housing.
I can't find anything suitable. Which is a pain. Think automotive, eBay, various Motorsport suppliers all nothing.
Ideally a m8 to M10 fine adaptor do I can make a pipe up. Or anything that will enable me to bleed it!

All suggestions welcome.

voucht - 28/7/19 at 10:22 AM

Hi,

Try to look into mountain bike braking.

When HEL used to make mountain bike brake lines (I don't think they still do), threads were smaller then for car/bike, and I think I remember that they were M8.

Also, I just checked on HEL website, and on their custom brake line configurator, you can chose M8 banjo. The banjo bolt might be M8x1.25, which could a beginning to your solution?

Hop that will help

Good luck!

cliftyhanger - 28/7/19 at 11:09 AM

Thanks for the reply.
However, I took a brave pill, drilled the threads out and tapped to accept a double ended male adaptor, sealed with a copper washer. That will make life easy.
Investigating further, the retailers sell aeroquip sets so there is an adapter somewhere, just being elusive. And I won't pay £70 or so when I have all the bits to make solid limited lines up (with pigtails, just like cars have been using for 60+years)