Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel pipe connection
Jasper

posted on 24/12/02 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel pipe connection

Quick question: My flexible fuel pipes from the bike engine are 10mm id, the copper fuel pipe 8mm. Do I need to get a pipe reducer (just been in to my local factors who don't have them), or can it be bodged by either just tightening a good quality fuel pipe clip around it, or the addition of a few turns of insulating tape around the pipe to bring out the diameter.

And Happy Christmas to everybody on the forum, hope you all get lots of nice new tools.....

paulf

posted on 24/12/02 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Iwouldnt advise using tape as it tends to dissolve in contact with petrol , I would try and find some 10mm od copper pipe and solder over the end of the 8mm or get some of a larger diameter and the cut it and roll around the 8mm pipe and solder in place, or if you have access to a lathe turn some brass ends for the pipe.
Paul.
[quoteor can it be bodged by either just tightening a good quality fuel pipe clip around it, or the addition of a few turns of insulating tape around the pipe to bring out the diameter.

And Happy Christmas to everybody on the forum, hope you all get lots of nice new tools.....

Deckman001

posted on 28/12/02 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper,
If you need some 10mm od pipe I can get some off cuts from work, prob second week in Jan if your not in a hurry

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.