Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: auto downshift blip
dexion7

posted on 13/9/13 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
auto downshift blip

my car has a hayabusa running mbe and has button controlled up/ down gear shifts with flat shift for up gear shifts. the ecu triggers a klicktronic controller which then fires the solenoid.

there is an additional add on available which uses an actuator to open the throttles a little in order to get the revs right to enable clutchless downshifts. i wonder if its possible to do the clutchless downshifts by using a turbo control valve instead of the actuator. the idea is that ambient air would be bled to the engine side of the throttle plates. the ecu knows what gear the car is in and road speed so using the pin in the ecu which has pwm control it should be possible to map the ecu so that the control valve is open for the correct amount for any given circumstances. i don't know if the tps voltage is relevant but even if it is, a relay could be used to provide the required voltage at the point of downshift.

any ideas or anyone done this?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.