Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bush Bonding
andya

posted on 5/10/02 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Bush Bonding

Hi All
I am using Triumph bushes as per the book for cheapness but am not convinced that they are OK just pressed into the bush tubes, although they seem quite tight I dont think that they are tight enough to stop the bush tube sliding over the surface of the rubber.
Anyone know of the type of bonding agent the factories use when making metalastic bushes???

Any info would be very useful

Cheers
Andy

Smoke Two Joints

posted on 5/10/02 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
have you tried to turn the bushes in the tubes? the wishbones dont rotate that much (as far as i can tell from the book, i havent even started to build yet), so if you can rotate the wishbones so far without the bushes slipping then surely they are fine. i know this doesnt answer your question, but it may be usefull. i have a '67 GT6 which has the same bushes, i can rotate the wisbones about 30 to 40 degrees each way before the metal tube slips against the bracket.

Paul

andya

posted on 6/10/02 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul
I havent tried that yet as I didnt want to fit the bushes and then have to take them out again. I'm just being cautious I suppose wanting to bond them. There is some variation in the bushes as some seem to start to slide into the bush tubes easier than others, so I thought I'd just bond them in to be sure.
I can find loads of bonding agaents for metal and for rubber but not metal TO rubber.

Someone Must Know - Help Me Pleeeese!!!!

theconrodkid

posted on 6/10/02 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
go to your local freindly BMW parts place,they use a liquid for inserting bushes that turns to glue when it dries

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.