Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SWMBO
joneh

posted on 31/1/15 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
SWMBO

I got 2.5 hours of garage time today before the wife copped.

Anyone do any better?

theduck

posted on 31/1/15 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Wish I'd got that long. 10minutes to out a coat of lacquer on my roll bar and that was me done.
se7ensport

posted on 31/1/15 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
57mins before she came out to moan about her mother who was supposed to take the kids to the cinema, but was unsure about the seatbelts so wanted my wife to drive her there and back as a taxi service.... car is still up on axle stands with no steering rack.
kingster996

posted on 31/1/15 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
4 hours

Mine's a peach - she just asks me to take her to a mates so that I can have "tinkering time"

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

joneh

posted on 31/1/15 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
My rear axle currently has a screwdriver poked through the lower mount, rather than a bolt.
CosKev3

posted on 31/1/15 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I love my job

Work most weekends then days off during week while Mrs is at work and little'un at school

Did 12 hours easily over last Monday and Tuesday off

richardm6994

posted on 31/1/15 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
I recall a conversation with the Mrs about 18months ago;
Wife; What would you do if I left?
Me; use the kitchen table for parts to dry in the warm after painting!!!
Wife; you love that car more than me!!!

Well....18months later after being given the ultimatum "it's either me or the car"......wife gone, car still here, new misses.....and this photo of the kitchen table from last weekend...

[Edited on 31/1/15 by richardm6994]

[Edited on 31/1/15 by richardm6994]

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 31/1/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Managed 2 hours to refit the rad and work on the overheating.

Scuppered when MIL came round .......&#128542;

benchmark51

posted on 31/1/15 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Ha Ha, I escaped 24 years ago. Why buy a book when you can join the library? I get to do what I want when I want and I've even learnt
to cook and wash my socks!
For all you 'in mates' new shoes always buys a good bit of 'car time'

davidimurray

posted on 31/1/15 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Took her out for an hour this morning so she could have a drive in the 3 series demonstrator I got for a week. Then she made me some lunch, followed by 7 hours in the garage, included a few 'ordered' cups of tea and bicuits passed through the kitchen window. Now she's busy cooking the dinner.

My Missus is amazing

Gallery 1 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.116893465324.130778.601005324
Gallery 2 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.245243755324.181913.601005324&l=a9831a9319
Gallery 3 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.440671625324.232627.601005324&l=3f0d42c523
Gallery 4 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.490098255324.297598.601005324&l=efb083b7df
Gallery 5 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150244028550325.366987.601005324&l=583fd5cd3a
Gallery 6 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150550640070325.430417.601005324&type=3&l=fe779b358c
Duratec Engine Swap https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152527759580325.1073741828.601005324&type=1&l=40aae5e72f " target="_blank"> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152527759580325.1073741828.601005324&type=1&l=40aae5e72f

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 31/1/15 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Spent all day in and out of the garage (between taking the eldest to football) fitting up cupboards and having a general tidy up - Jeez I've got some crap.
My youngest has been vomiting all day so SWMBO hasn't complained about me being outside.
Even cracked open the garage heater to take the chill out of the air... Lovely !

kj

posted on 31/1/15 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Couple of hours making a rear diffuser due to bad weather, ran out of resin weather OK tomorrow the car is out

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

steve m

posted on 31/1/15 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
I work shift work, so when on days off when wife is at work i have as much time as i like in the garage
however, if we are off at the same time, i make sure i ASK what is planned for the day, and work around that

im still married after 32 years so it seems to of worked

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Hodor

posted on 31/1/15 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is one of the best - she just gave me clearance to go spend a large chunk of savings on a BEC. Yolo etc. This, just 3 weeks after I forgot our wedding anniversary!
ElmrPhD

posted on 31/1/15 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Mine's tops - her only complaint is that she can't join me like she used to do before the baby popped out. And even though she says I smell of diesel (Land Rover and parts washer) I still don't have to take a shower before bedtime. Yeah, she's a keeper...
coozer

posted on 31/1/15 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I don't understand this, if I want to go in the garage I go. If I'm out there a long time she brings me coffee and only shouts when the dinner is ready.

The amount of times I've gone out for a look with me spanking new jeans on and come back hours later with them covered in muck and oil.. She's not bothered cause she doesn't wear my clothes!

If she doesn't like it tell her to sling it!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Andi

posted on 31/1/15 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ha ha Nice one PMSL

Andi

quote:
Originally posted by richardm6994
I recall a conversation with the Mrs about 18months ago;
Wife; What would you do if I left?
Me; use the kitchen table for parts to dry in the warm after painting!!!
Wife; you love that car more than me!!!

Well....18months later after being given the ultimatum "it's either me or the car"......wife gone, car still here, new misses.....and this photo of the kitchen table from last weekend...

r1_pete

posted on 31/1/15 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I don't understand this, if I want to go in the garage I go. If I'm out there a long time she brings me coffee and only shouts when the dinner is ready.

The amount of times I've gone out for a look with me spanking new jeans on and come back hours later with them covered in muck and oil.. She's not bothered cause she doesn't wear my clothes!

If she doesn't like it tell her to sling it!!

+1

But I've not been in the garage since Christmas, spent all day today setting a 78 Stratocaster up on the dining table....

Have spent a lot of free time with a guitar round my neck while its been cold.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AntonUK

posted on 31/1/15 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
8 hours for me.

Wifey away on aunty duty all weekend... hoping for another good session tomorrow.

Build Photos Here

skodaman

posted on 31/1/15 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
The cold's more of a problem than Mrs Skodaman at the moment. I even got away with having the cylinder head from her latest shopping trolley in the kitchen this week. Mind you she's complaining about the smell of the subtle blend of diesel and paraffin I've been cleaning it with.

[Edited on 1/31/1515, by skodaman]

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 31/1/15 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
Richardm6994 ^^^^^ ONE OF THE GREATEST LOCOSTBUILDERS POSTS EVER!
And congrats on the new Mrs!

[Edited on 31/1/15 by daniel mason]

Ivan

posted on 1/2/15 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Have the best wife in the world - when we built the Cobra she helped me with everything every evening - even assembled the motor for me. The night before her hysterectomy came to me and said that we had better get the diff in as it's too heavy for one person and that she might not be able to help for a while.

Stored my Cobra tyres and wheels in the lounge for a year without one complaint or snide remark - and she's a perfectionist whilst I am the exact opposite.

Then when I retired said to me "Why don't you build a 7?". Condition was that I only work in mornings on it. Unfortunately I got too busy doing consulting work which she helps me with so project has stalled.

She has always supported everything I wanted to do - even to the extent of crewing on my racing spinnaker and trapeze dinghy up to national championship level - although she hated sailing - but she was the best spinnaker hand I ever had. We never fought once on the water or after a race which is very rare on racing dinghies.

andrew.carwithen

posted on 1/2/15 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
No garage time today - but while she was engrossed in the tennis I nipped out to the local Cobra meet for a pint and lunch. Very pleasant way to spend a few hours.
talkingcars

posted on 1/2/15 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
And I thought Mrs TC was unique - she has been known to send me out to have some car time, the only complaint she has is when I leave bits lying around.

I had a couple of hours swapping a decat out of my ZS to keep the MOT man happy and have spent several hours trying to pacify an unhappy lambda probe to no success.

thefreak

posted on 1/2/15 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
4 hours. I was helping her fit the replacement gearbox to her race car.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.