Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Timing Belt
LBMEFM

posted on 10/10/16 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Timing Belt

Thinking about changing the timing belt on my wife's Citroen C4. Do I need to purchase the special tools specified in the Haynes manual, if not can something else be adapted to lock the cam shafts/crankshaft in place?
micksalt

posted on 10/10/16 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
At least tell us the engine. If it's the 1.6 diesel unit, I will be able to offer advice.
LBMEFM

posted on 10/10/16 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, no its a 1.6 petrol in a C4 VTR
loggyboy

posted on 10/10/16 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
By looks of whats shown online they look fairly specific.

Mistral Motorsport

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 10/10/16 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
If it's the 16v engine you should be able to use drill bits forfeit the cams flywheel locking tool you may need the correct tool or maybe a drill bit !!!
owelly

posted on 11/10/16 at 01:25 AM Reply With Quote
Can you get at the belt to cut the old one in half round its circumference then slip the new one along side it? Then cut the old one off altogether and slide the new one home.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 11/10/16 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
I would recommend a timing belt kit and water pump if the car has done a lot of miles , can't remember offhand what the service interval is but is it worth taking a chance?
If the C4 uses the normal Citroen timing tools they aren't a lot of money , the biggest problem if it has just a single crankshaft pulley bolt is getting it undone, a decent air wrench helps although I have had one shear off which took a while to drill out .

rusty nuts

posted on 11/10/16 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
I would recommend a timing belt kit and water pump if the car has done a lot of miles , can't remember offhand what the service interval is but is it worth taking a chance?
If the C4 uses the normal Citroen timing tools they aren't a lot of money , the biggest problem if it has just a single crankshaft pulley bolt is getting it undone, a decent air wrench helps although I have had one shear off which took a while to drill out .

t11

posted on 11/10/16 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
timing belt

Hi if you pop into the garage you can borrow my set (ebden's)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.