Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DIY Sierra Rear brake calliper tool
Nojjer

posted on 27/1/17 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
DIY Sierra Rear brake calliper tool

Afternoon all,

I decided a few weeks back to rebuild the callipers on my tiger, so after a couple of evenings going some research on how its done and what was required it came to light i was in need of a ford tool, No 12-006.

Another evening of research to find these tools are almost impossible to get hold of, so i took my calliper apart to see what was involved.
Couple of trial and errors later i came up with this, it consists of 2x M10 nuts, 1x allen key and 1x M6 washer.

I found the M10 nut was big enough to slide over the pushrod without getting in the way of the circlip which is holding down the spring cover. Welded the allen key to the very top of the M10 nut which was then cut down and the washer welded to the top spreading the load from the g-clamp

On my travels i came across this guide http://www.fordmanuals.org/page-1567.html which is a copy of the Haynes manual.

Hope someone can make use of this idea, worked great for me allowing me to carry out this:

[Edited on 27/1/17 by Nojjer]

Andybarbet

posted on 27/1/17 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good, what paint did you use ? I'm looking at doing mine blue too.

Cheers - Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Nojjer

posted on 27/1/17 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
E-Tech calliper paint, can buy a kit from eBay. A friend recommended it which is used on his subaru

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.