Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help ID'ing an old film/tv movie
loggyboy

posted on 22/5/17 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Help ID'ing an old film/tv movie

Many years (25+) ago I recall watching a film or TV movie that the premise was a boy managed to find out the (US) government were using drugs (i think via headsets) to keep the population happy and stuck in an earlier period (1950-60s?) and music was either restricted or banned, and the boy managed to find stuff that proved this and attempted to play new music he had found on a radio station. He got caught and told that most people who had heard the broadcast thought it was a joke and his whistle blowing attempt had failed.
Its a very hazy memory, but I thought the boy actor was Sean Astin, but searches reveal it wasnt him, but I cant find anything else on what the film was.

Anyone?

[Edited on 22-5-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

SteveWalker

posted on 22/5/17 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know if it is the same film, but I remember one that sounds similar, but food and things that they needed was supplied by a secret, underground system and in reality the town was falling apart and the residents were ill and malnurished. In the end the couple had to decide whether to let them keep believing or to destroy the illusion and let them gain freedom, but have to see the reality. I can't remember the title either.
loggyboy

posted on 22/5/17 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly not, the one im thinking of everyone was fine and happy..just unaware they were being drugged to stop them thinking too much.
Similar to the matrix in that its set in a time that the 'controllers' think people are most happy. But nothing else like the matix. I suspect it was a late 80s early 90s production.

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 23/5/17 at 01:04 AM Reply With Quote
Found it.... it was Sean Astin (and a cameo by his dad), called 'Harrison Bergeron'.

Mistral Motorsport

nick205

posted on 23/5/17 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Loggy - do you ask because you want to watch it again?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.