Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mobile responsive views
SteveRST

posted on 14/9/17 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Mobile responsive views

Not sure if I'm missing something, but the forum layout is not responsive to the devices I'm viewing on.
If I view on my phone it still adopts a fixed width layout so I have to scroll right/left to read a post. Text is very small
It's really frustrating. Anyone else finding this?

nick205

posted on 15/9/17 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Viewed LCB on my Samsung A3 phone last night and it was OK.

Generally use the pinch and move your fingers apart to zoom in and read the text. Always had to do that though.

SteveRST

posted on 15/9/17 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Generally use the pinch and move your fingers apart to zoom in and read the text. Always had to do that though.

Yeah, but that's the problem - it's not user friendly at all. That may have been acceptable 5 years ago but not now.

I personally would strongly welcome an update to the forum software.

nick205

posted on 15/9/17 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRST
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

Yeah, but that's the problem - it's not user friendly at all. That may have been acceptable 5 years ago but not now.

I personally would strongly welcome an update to the forum software.

Understood.

Turning the phone to a landscape orientation helps as well.

mcerd1

posted on 15/9/17 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
the problem is that the forum software is heavily customised - so any transition to newer formats would be painful

In the mean time try the printable version of each post that gives you a problem (little button in the top left or add "&action=printable" to the end of each address)

[Edited on 15/9/2017 by mcerd1]

-

loggyboy

posted on 15/9/17 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I've mentioned before that the forum is lagging behind in its software functionality, sadly without a massive investment moving over to new software is unlikely.

Mistral Motorsport

garyo

posted on 15/9/17 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
18 months ago I spent some time configuring GreaseMonkey to make the site responsive. It's a bit of a faff but do-able if you understand CSS/HTML. It was only changing some of the widths over to 100% and deleting some min-widths IIRC. I was going to offer it up to the group but didn't ever get it finished and I'm not sure if I still have the files.
wylliezx9r

posted on 16/9/17 at 03:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garyo
18 months ago I spent some time configuring GreaseMonkey to make the site responsive. It's a bit of a faff but do-able if you understand CSS/HTML. It was only changing some of the widths over to 100% and deleting some min-widths IIRC. I was going to offer it up to the group but didn't ever get it finished and I'm not sure if I still have the files.

Carrot dangled

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

nick205

posted on 8/7/20 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hello all,

I know this is an older thread, but another forum member recently U2U'd me with some info on the subject. The member advised I was welcome to share the detail on this thread as well so here it is for those that may be interested:

It is available for the forum, if the forum owner implemented it:

https://forums.xmbforum2.com/viewthread.php?tid=777056 />

[Edited on 8/7/20 by nick205]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.