Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mangoletsi Linkage Hitting Fuel Line
mark.silcock

posted on 12/2/19 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Mangoletsi Linkage Hitting Fuel Line

Is anyone else running a Zetec on DCOEs and using the Mangoletsi linkage system?

I have installed one at the weekend and surprised the arm the cable pulls on hits the fuel line running between each carb, see the video below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dYa9D252E7YFRccn6

I would have thought this was a pretty typical install so am surprised by the issue?

I have been looking for a way to feed the carbs from below but the fittings dont seem to be that obvious.

This photo looks like a nice option but I can't seem to find the fittings I suspect they are using 7/16 hydraulic lines.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Le22NdEhEabJ1iU4A

Does anyone have a similar install or suggestion? Cheers

perksy

posted on 12/2/19 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
The fuel pipe should run the otherside of the mechanism on the Air filter side
If you spin the pipe fittings on the carbs (inc the fuel pipe) 90 degrees it should work
You'll need to disconnect either the mechanism or more easier the fuel fittings on the carbs first

Also as it stands now you won't be able get the jet covers off either of the carbs

cliftyhanger

posted on 13/2/19 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
And fit some proper R9 or 14 hose that is suitable for todays fuel (R9 is NOT suitable)
And don't get the cheap fake stuff either....

mark.silcock

posted on 13/2/19 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perksy
If you spin the pipe fittings on the carbs (inc the fuel pipe) 90 degrees it should work
You'll need to disconnect either the mechanism or more easier the fuel fittings on the carbs first

Also as it stands now you won't be able get the jet covers off either of the carbs

I did rotate the fittings to try and sit at the front of the carb and they wouldn't clear the front edge of the carb, and still fouled the linkage.

The position it is in the video is at its highest point to see if it cleared the linkage, the bonnet doesnt fit with the fittings set at that position so jets are the least of my worries.

cliftyhanger

posted on 13/2/19 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if connectors are available that are a bit longer, so it could be tucked away by the filter?
If not you could buy straight connectors and a T, do something similar to your other suggestion, using rubber hose. Or cut up what you have, solder some olives on and do it for £1.

perksy

posted on 13/2/19 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark.silcock
quote:
Originally posted by perksy

I did rotate the fittings to try and sit at the front of the carb and they wouldn't clear the front edge of the carb, and still fouled the linkage.

The position it is in the video is at its highest point to see if it cleared the linkage, the bonnet doesnt fit with the fittings set at that position so jets are the least of my worries.

Pretty sure there's only one length of fuel fittings to the carb's, If there are longer ones available then great
The last one i set up was a 2 litre Zetec on twin 45's
The fuel pipe ran just above the air filter on standard fuel fittings
I have a photo but the site won't let me upload it
Double check everything as there's definitely something amiss...

mark.silcock

posted on 13/2/19 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
The fittings on this build definitely won't clear the front of the carbs. It would sit on the front edge of them but the mongoletsi mount on the top of the carb gets in the way. Has anyone got a dimension from banjo bolt to fuel line centre?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z4MSs3Zd8BQdtAws9

[Edited on 13/2/19 by mark.silcock]

mark.silcock

posted on 13/2/19 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
I was experimenting different positions.

Found this, pricey!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F181104620325

melly-g

posted on 14/2/19 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Can you get another fitting like the rear carb (Top of the Picture) on the front carb then have a T piece before that?

I might have some spare fittings!
Where are you based?

mark.silcock

posted on 15/2/19 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
I think I am going to get two straight pieces and run it back towards the head connect with a T then down to the regulator.

I am really surprised and confused it's not a known issue.

Frustrating there is no contact details on the Mangoletsi website. Edit I found an email address so will see what they say..... Scrap that it bounced back ;(

Based in Norringhamshire

[Edited on 15/2/19 by mark.silcock]

[Edited on 15/2/19 by mark.silcock]

mark.silcock

posted on 15/2/19 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Based in Norringhamshire

????? where is that hahah

Nottinghamshire!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.