Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Propshaft flange holes distance for MNR reverse box
mads

posted on 2/9/19 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Propshaft flange holes distance for MNR reverse box

Hi all,
Working on the car (hoorah!) and just about to order the propshafts but wanted a sanity check from someone who has also fitted the MNR reverse box... Could someone confirm that the flange holes come out to be 53mm and 44mm before I go and order my propshafts please?

And the Sierra diff are 59mm and 66mm?

Thanks,

Atif

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

daviep

posted on 2/9/19 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, measurements for small flange seem correct, it's a std 1140series flange 68.95mm (2.75"pcd with 40degree spacing.

Measurements for larger flange do not seem quite correct, I believe Sierra has 90mm pcd with 40degree spacing which should give 58.75mm & 68.94mm between adjacent bolt holes.

All just theory based but might be worth double checking before ordering.

Cheers Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

mads

posted on 3/9/19 at 06:01 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Davie. Yep, I measured diagonally and got 69mm for the reverse box and BEC prop adaptor. I got 90mm for the Sierra.

Now to order the propshaft!

quote:
Originally posted by daviep
Hi, measurements for small flange seem correct, it's a std 1140series flange 68.95mm (2.75"pcd with 40degree spacing.

Measurements for larger flange do not seem quite correct, I believe Sierra has 90mm pcd with 40degree spacing which should give 58.75mm & 68.94mm between adjacent bolt holes.

All just theory based but might be worth double checking before ordering.

Cheers Davie

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.