Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX front springs
sooty

posted on 16/12/02 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
ZX front springs

I've got a std 1996 ZX Td.

I want to stiffen the front end by fitting shorter springs ie: 30/40mm lower, keeping the same struts.

Is it better to get uprated shorter springs or will the std off the shelf shorter springs be hard enough.

I'm not looking for race hard settings, just alittle stiffer to improve the road holding more than it is at present.

Any suggestions which springs to use and where from ?

sooty

jollygreengiant

posted on 16/12/02 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
shorter springs are not necessarily stiffer, all they do is lower the car and slightly improve things in terms of aerodynamics and centre of gravity. Some times you get a perceived increase of stifness cos you use the old dampers and they then operate in an area new to them thereby increaseing there ability to function (Temporarily).
If you want to properly improve your handling you need to replace your SPRINGS AND DAMPERS as a sympathetic matched set ie a damper of the correct rate of damping to match you shorter /stiffer springs. OR BETTER YET BUILD A PROPER CAR LIKE A LOCOST.

Oh & bye the way the Citreon ZX TD is only a kit/home build car by virtue of the fact that it was built by Citreon & bits keep falling of so you have to keep putting them back on.

[Edited on 16/12/02 by jollygreengiant]

Mark Allanson

posted on 16/12/02 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
the ZX is basically a Pug 306, why not tour the breaker for a set of complete struts from a DTurbo?
Simon

posted on 17/12/02 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote

"the ZX is basically a Pug 306, why not tour the breaker for a set of complete struts from a DTurbo?"

Why not just leave ZX at breakers:-)

ATB

Simon

sooty

posted on 17/12/02 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
A load of old hat

What's the point in using Pug when they are not any better, engine major faults ? con rods going through the side (common problem of 97/98 Pugs) speaking from experience of my Daughters 97 306Td.

So thats why you suggest searching for a Pug, there would be more of them at the breakers than Citroen.

Sooty

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.