Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Panhard Rod Mounts
Mark Allanson

posted on 31/12/02 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Panhard Rod Mounts

I am just about to mount my panhard rod and want to know the best way of mounting it to the axle.

In the book, one shot shows a bolt welded directly onto the axle mount, will this pass the SVA, or is it an old photo?

Do I angle the mount towards the chassis end mount or let the compliance in the bushes take up the misalignment?

Thanks,
Mark

RoadkillUK

posted on 1/1/03 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Here's mine, it's not the clearest of pics (or the best of welding) but I hope it helps. Can't get a better pic of it at the moment as it's in a friends garage a few miles away.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 1/1/03 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
there is a pic of mine in my archives, about 4th, 5th pic down, "rose jointed rear end" is the title i think.......

you will have thousands to choose from b4 we all done

Mark Allanson

posted on 1/1/03 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Jon,
No problems with SVA with you set up?
I am thinking of doing similar but using a bushed joint on an extended Bluebird rear track control arm

Jon Ison

posted on 1/1/03 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
you will be ok, look how shockers ect are mounted on modern cars, just make sure you leave enough thread for the nylock nut, i was a little short, the thread is thru but only just, you can't see on pic but one of the flats on the nut is drilled M5 with a small grub screw thru it as a secondary fixing, does that make sense ? i know wot i mean.........

Mark Allanson

posted on 1/1/03 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
The original bolt for the bluebird is M14 and high tensile so I think strength will not be an issue. I will remember to leave enough treads.

I know this question does not arise with sperical ends, but would you angle the bolt to line up with the chassis mounted opposite end? (remember I an using metalastic bushes)

I cut a radius arm ready for extending today, the outer diameter is 19mm, ideal for matching my 19mm seamless tube, the wall thickness is 3.5mm!! I was a bit worried about them being strong enough, but I think they will probably be OK

Jon Ison

posted on 1/1/03 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
yes, for sure i would angle it, strength wise i don't think you have any probs at all, mine are much smaller in dia and wall thickness and they have had some proper arse out full throttle action to deal with,

Rorty

posted on 2/1/03 at 03:46 AM Reply With Quote
From RoadkillUK:
quote:

Here's mine, it's not the clearest of pics...... Can't get a better pic of it at the moment as it's in a friends garage a few miles away.

Shit! That must be a hell of a camera!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoadkillUK

posted on 2/1/03 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Boom Boom

No odd smiley Rorty, not like you.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

Mark Allanson

posted on 2/1/03 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
no picture either!!
Rorty

posted on 3/1/03 at 04:50 AM Reply With Quote
I think that one was homesick and came back!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.