Board logo

modifying Cobra seats ?
Not Anumber - 6/7/12 at 05:04 PM

Anyone stripped apart a Cobra no bucket seat to change the seat back angle, is it possible ? Mine look like recliners (but aren't ) in that the sides of the seat back aren't continuous with the base. I guess thats a long winded way of saying they aren't bucket seats.
Are there any adjustments that can be made by shifting bolt holes etc once the cover and padding is stripped off ?

Bladerunner - 6/7/12 at 06:01 PM

Bladerunner - 6/7/12 at 06:04 PM

From memory I think they are solid units, the reason they don't go down to the seat in to let your backside expand into the seat.

austin man - 6/7/12 at 06:24 PM

Would raising the front of the seat give you a better position, most seats are more comfortable with the front raised an inch or two

Not Anumber - 9/7/12 at 10:56 AM

Raising the front of the seat could possibly make the seat base more comfortable but would have the negative effect of making the seat back lean even further backwards than it is already causing more backache.

If it's a solid frame that can't be adjusted or modified it sounds like the only solution may be to put spacers under the rear mounting points and then add some padding to the front of the seat base to counteract the tipping forward angle.