Board logo

Indicator Stalks
starterman - 15/10/17 at 07:31 PM

I was thinking of not having column stalks for the indicators etc, but not sure what is best to replace them with.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mike

scudderfish - 15/10/17 at 07:44 PM

When I bought my Fury it had the indicators as a toggle switch on the dash. Drove me mad as they were so awkward to use that I fitted stalks and rewired the car in the process. Next time you go out for a drive, tap the dashboard every single time you use the indicators and see how it feels. I like being able to indicate to overtake without taking my hands off the wheel.

Regards,
David

nick205 - 15/10/17 at 07:44 PM

Thought about this myself, but once you're strapped in you often can't reach the dashboard to operate other switches. I stuck with the Sierra stalks, they worked fine and were easy to operate when driving.

peter030371 - 15/10/17 at 08:31 PM

Simples, last Striker and this Striker have them on the steering wheel. Works a treat

inside
inside

nick205 - 16/10/17 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
Simples, last Striker and this Striker have them on the steering wheel. Works a treat

inside
inside

Neat (and practical) idea. Would admit my thinking process didn't go that far!

Shooter63 - 16/10/17 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by peter030371

inside
inside

I like um, where did you get them from

Shooter

peter030371 - 17/10/17 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
I like um, where did you get them from

Shooter

You can buy 'standard' wheel switch plates from various places now, I think I even spotted some on ebay the other week. Because I have 8 buttons (L and R indicator, main beam, horn plus the 4 for the Dash2 Pro) I ended up drawing my own design of plate and then getting it cut out of carbon. On my previous Striker the switches were wired via a curly cord to an XLR connector on the dashboard. It lasted 18+ year with no problems and I could unplug it when removing the wheel from the car. This time I wanted to do away with the visible cable so went for a 'proper' quick release system with built in electrics. It wasn't easy (have your tried working with 30awg wire?) but now its all done I am very happy with the result