Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK early seats
david cromie

posted on 31/3/04 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
MK early seats

How are you out there fitting the figreglass MK seats to the car. I have been told by Martin that side brackets are required. Anyone know where I can get them ie. make model or any drawings.Tks to all for past help. David
timcrasher

posted on 1/4/04 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
MK seats

Hi, David.
I have fitted a pair of these seats in my Indy.
I had alot of trouble with side clearance. They were fine until I fitted my interior panels and now they just touch the sides.
I fitted the drivers side seat on runners using a pair of 'U' shaped brackets that I made.
The passenger seat is fixed using a pair of OMP side mounting brackets from Demon Tweeks. Just be careful when you fit the seats as they can distort when you tighten the mounting bolts that you are using. I am told the new seats are alot stiffer and do not suffer from this. Fitting the seats has given me more hassle than any other part of the build.
Good luck
Cheers, Tim

Hellfire

posted on 1/4/04 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Ours fitted fine...

but then we have the new seats. The only difficult part was fitting the runners on the drivers side and getting it to operate correctly we used the MK runners, which use wire to link left/right toggles. I've heard the one's without the wire are the best one's for setting up.

The seats are about 25mm clear of both sides... maybe this again is due to seats being new.

Description in our website build diary ~ February

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.