Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another group buy on a starter button
j30fos

posted on 22/8/03 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Another group buy on a starter button

Hi Lads,

Im trying to get another group buy going for these buttons, the guy said he will supply the starter button for £10.99 with free P+P ( which he normally charges £14.99 + £1.50 P+P). They look very good and assures me the quality is very good.

I've replied trying to reduce the price further.

At this stage I'm trying to find out the number of people interested and how many buttons they want as he does different ones ie. NOS, hazard so I can try to demand a better price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428661500&category=40199

Cheers

John.

PS. Or if anyone knows a better source of starter buttons for around the same money, then please let me know. At the Yorkshire show there was a plain black button for £8 + P+P

Simon

posted on 22/8/03 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
John,

These are also featured in the DT Motorsport catalogue, for IIRC about £15-£17, so his price looks very good, but:

I'm sure that DT include a connector block, which ain't in the pics!!

ATB

Simon

j30fos

posted on 22/8/03 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Can you send me a URL and I will put this to him.

Cheers

john

Simon

posted on 22/8/03 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
John,

Don't have URL - it's from the paper catalogue - will try and get details up over the w/end.

Going home now

ATB

Simon

A Badger

posted on 22/8/03 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
I've Seen these buttons in Demon Tweeks too. Thought they looked really cool. On MAC#1's site there's a picture of a dashboard using these which looked excellent.

I would be interested in a Start Button, Fog light, Hazard lights and Spot light button.

Andrew

j30fos

posted on 22/8/03 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
They are selling theres for £25. The guy has just got back to me and if I can get enough people he will do these at £10.50 with free P+P.

If any is interested in some of these please send me a mail at jfoste32@csc.com
Im waiting to hear what he call bulk order.

Cheers

John

PS. there is a guy on the BEC forum who has ordered one last night, he is letting me know the quality when it arrives.

ChrisW

posted on 22/8/03 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Looks great. I'd have a full set but not at £10 each - be looking at £100 just for the dash!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
j30fos

posted on 22/8/03 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, I wish I could get them cheaper myself, I'd have the full dash as well, but im only going for the starter button as I can't find one that looks half decent under 35 pounds elsewhere.
Mix

posted on 23/8/03 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody know if these are SVA friendly or do they have to be hidden behind the steering wheel??

Mick

Spyderman

posted on 23/8/03 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I have the starter button (paid £15 for mine from show).
The switch potrudes about 1cm from dash and is not radiused enough, so will need to be in void area!
They could be mounted onto a panel that could be pushed out of dash, or even recessed.

Terry

Spyderman

ChrisW

posted on 23/8/03 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Or fitted after the SVA *cough*

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Brooky

posted on 30/9/03 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
got one fitted to mine, passed sva no probs. it can be seen here http://locostbuilders.co.uk/photos/cgi-bin/showpic.pl?finished_3.jpg Centre of dash under tacho and illuminated during build here http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos/cgi-bin/showpic.pl?starter_button_all_lit_up_5_june.jpg
I have wired the light to the immobilser and the oil pressure switch so the light comes on when the immob is off and goes out when the engine starts - how tarty is that ?
I am intersted in a hazard, side light, main beam, horn and rear fog if poss.
let me know.

[Edited on 30/9/03 by Brooky]

[Edited on 30/9/03 by Brooky]

chrisg

posted on 30/9/03 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
could you not use a low rated switch and a relay?

Push type washer switches are about Three quid.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

j30fos

posted on 20/10/03 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
If anyone is still interested in this group buy then please mail me with your order to jfoste32@csc.com as Im ordering them on Wednesday.

Cheers

John

Northy

posted on 24/10/03 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Did anyone buy one/any after the emails?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

paulbeyer

posted on 24/10/03 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
I tried but the email I sent to confirm my order bounced.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

j30fos

posted on 27/10/03 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul,

I can't see how it bounced as this is my e-mail address.

I put an order forward for 12 buttons and they replied that they're suppier had increased they're price, so the new price would need to be £12. I told them to forget it, the price is now to dear. I also mailed the guys saying that it was up to them if they ewanted to go ahead they had the contact details.

So this group buy wasn't as good as the BEC Sproket adaptor one I had going at the same time.

Northy

posted on 27/10/03 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Fancy a group buy on Silicon hoses

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

JoelP

posted on 27/10/03 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
would love to but i dont know what ones i need! I suspect i'll need several ones with different ends, cos the corolla radiator looks like it uses smaller pipes.
RichyMkIndy

posted on 16/11/03 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
can i still get one of these?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.