Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Indicator Stalks
starterman

posted on 15/10/17 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Indicator Stalks

I was thinking of not having column stalks for the indicators etc, but not sure what is best to replace them with.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mike

scudderfish

posted on 15/10/17 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
When I bought my Fury it had the indicators as a toggle switch on the dash. Drove me mad as they were so awkward to use that I fitted stalks and rewired the car in the process. Next time you go out for a drive, tap the dashboard every single time you use the indicators and see how it feels. I like being able to indicate to overtake without taking my hands off the wheel.

Regards,
David

nick205

posted on 15/10/17 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thought about this myself, but once you're strapped in you often can't reach the dashboard to operate other switches. I stuck with the Sierra stalks, they worked fine and were easy to operate when driving.
peter030371

posted on 15/10/17 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Simples, last Striker and this Striker have them on the steering wheel. Works a treat

inside
inside

nick205

posted on 16/10/17 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
Simples, last Striker and this Striker have them on the steering wheel. Works a treat

inside
inside

Neat (and practical) idea. Would admit my thinking process didn't go that far!

Shooter63

posted on 16/10/17 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371

inside
inside

I like um, where did you get them from

Shooter

peter030371

posted on 17/10/17 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
I like um, where did you get them from

Shooter

You can buy 'standard' wheel switch plates from various places now, I think I even spotted some on ebay the other week. Because I have 8 buttons (L and R indicator, main beam, horn plus the 4 for the Dash2 Pro) I ended up drawing my own design of plate and then getting it cut out of carbon. On my previous Striker the switches were wired via a curly cord to an XLR connector on the dashboard. It lasted 18+ year with no problems and I could unplug it when removing the wheel from the car. This time I wanted to do away with the visible cable so went for a 'proper' quick release system with built in electrics. It wasn't easy (have your tried working with 30awg wire?) but now its all done I am very happy with the result

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.