Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Fail at Norwich
Schrodinger

posted on 17/11/17 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
IVA Fail at Norwich

Just got back from my test at Norwich where the two guys couldn't have been more helpful but I still got a fail because one of the fail points I couldn't do there.

fails
Battery insecure, osf wheel fouling on bodywork on full lock, washer pipe 'insecure' (touches on alternator fan when bonnet closed)

headlight alignment,

no reflectors (I thought there were reflectors in the lights)

Speedo inaccurate

acouple of radius issues.

The battery I had nothing with me to secure it with but everything else could have been done there & then.

So not a bad fail.

On another point I was told that Lotus uses the Norwich centre for it's IVA on special edditions so I thought that means they can't be exported to say France or Germany, to which they replied yes you can, it has to be registered in th uk first then deregistered an the receiving country under eu rules has to accept the dereg document.

Keith
Aviemore

David Jenkins

posted on 17/11/17 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
As you say, a good fail. Everything fixable with no major problems (hopefully). It's just a PITA when you have to pay extra money for the retest and then wait a few weeks!

pekwah1

posted on 17/11/17 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
a good fail! Much shorter than my list not longer ago and i had a pass around 4 weeks later so should be nice and easy!

With the wheels fouling, is it the wheel arches touching the side panels on full lock?
A simple solution to this is to just put jubilee clips round the steering rack under the rubber boots to stop it turning as far.

Speedo should be simple, just use the sat nav.

They let me adjust my headlights on the retest, they usually do as long as it doesn't take too long

[Edited on 17/11/17 by pekwah1]

Schrodinger

posted on 17/11/17 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Most of the issues are fixed already and Norwich have vacancies all next week so hopefully on monday I will book next friday.
One issue that had no bearing on the test was that on the way home the throttle failed, only its not a cable throttle its pneumatic throttle which the previous owner must have thought was a good idea, I now need to get my head around this problem

Keith
Aviemore

gremlin1234

posted on 17/11/17 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
One issue that had no bearing on the test was that on the way home the throttle failed, only its not a cable throttle its pneumatic throttle which the previous owner must have thought was a good idea, I now need to get my head around this problem
never heard of a pneumatic throttle before, tell me more...
but I would guess going to a cable throttle is the way to go.
ps WELL DONE!

tims31

posted on 18/11/17 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Shame but not too bad a list, easily sorted I would have thought. Good luck with the retest.

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

ss1turbo

posted on 20/11/17 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
quote:
never heard of a pneumatic throttle before, tell me more...
but I would guess going to a cable throttle is the way to go.
ps WELL DONE!

Early Hillman Imps used a pneumatic throttle.

It got replaced by a more conventional method within a couple of years...

Long live RWD...

ttalps2000

posted on 21/11/17 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Did you have any issues with the rear wheels not being in the 50° fully covered zone? They failed me on it!!
Schrodinger

posted on 21/11/17 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ttalps2000
Did you have any issues with the rear wheels not being in the 50° fully covered zone? They failed me on it!!

No, they made no comment but did measure front and back very carefully so I guess they were very close. I was also surprised that they didn't measure the exhaust noise "as it sounded quiet, and you get to know these things".
Retest tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Keith
Aviemore

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.